Sport Trac 07 vs. F150 06

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Koelling

Reaction score
I've been waiting for a job2 07 Sport Trac to start showing up at dealers for a while.

Here's my question.

Given the aggresive cuts on the 2006 F150 setup with similar options, does

the Sport Trac make sen$e?

The F150 is bigger, is the ride that much better in the Sport Trac?

Thanks for yout comments

:unsure:

I've said this before. Both are great trucks. It depends on what you're using it for. The Trac works for me because most of what I haul is my family. I haul firewood on occasion, and I don't pull a boat trailer or anything. Bigger is only better if you need it. As far as looks go...F-150's are just so common. They're everywhere. The Trac is more unique and stylish. It's the anti-truck.:cool:

The F150 has a straight rear axle. Test drive it compared to an ST and you'll feel the difference. They are two completely different vehicles. The F150 feels like a truck when you drive it. The ST is an entirely different experience and one I prefer over the F150.

The Job2 production run was supposed to start today. You may have to wait another 4-6 weeks to see the new STs on the lot. That's if the dealers are ordering them.

If I were in the market to replace my 2002 Trac it would not be with a 2007 Trac.

I would get the F-150 and hopefully when I do, it will be a diesel.

Tom

I went from '03 ST to '04 F150 Supercab. PLUSES: Fits more in larger bed, more agressive look. MINUSES: rougher ride( I'm on 23s), worse gas mileage, harder to park. I went with the F150 because my ST got flooded and Job 1 new ST colors didn't appeal to me. Now that I have seen the '07 ST and it comes in Orange Frost and Vanilla, if I could have waited, I would have chosen the ST.:cool: