Spent a few days at Va Beach...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
Took the family to Va beach fro a couple days last week. Had a real nice time and got fried like a lobster. Not hard to do to me, I burn before I tan, but this was within the first 2 hours of us being at the beach. So it was a couple of tough days in the sun for me, but the kids loved it. We stayed at the Hyatt which is the last hotel up the beach and right on the beach. It was nice and the beach wasn't as crowded as I anticipated. I'm used to going up the 4x4 beach in NC and not having as many people around to watch my fat a** fry. We got to eat at Capt. George's and if you ever go to Va. Beach, you gotta eat there. It is all you can eat seafood. They were bringing out Crab Legs like they were going out of style. It was great if you like Seafood. They had every type of seafood there on thier buffet. Well worth the money.

We also stopped in Norfolk and toured the USS Wisconsin. It served in every War from WWII to Desert Storm. Being that I served in the Army and am a Veteran of DS, it was nice to see some of the support we got from a ship. The Tomohawk Missle silos were neat to see. The kids really liked to see the ship and some of the workings. We were seeing alot of them leaving port when we were at the beach, but this gave them some perspective as to the size of these things. They had Retired Veterans located all over the ship to answer questions. I got to answer a few for them since there were plaques on each of the guns to say which city in Iraq the gun actually fired on during the war. Being that I was near a few of them and got to see some Tomahawks fly over my head, I got to pronounce the names for the old guys. They were really cool to talk to. Some of them even served on the ship during the Korean War. Nothing beats talking to some Old War Veterans. It was the first time my kids shut up the whole trip. They were amazed to hear some of the stories.

I'm at work right now, but will post a few pics of the trip when I get home. I just wanted to share the journey we had with you all.;)

Nice, my wife had her promotion cerimony on the USS Wisconsin when we was promoted from o-1 to o-3, after finishing med school at Eastern Virginia Medical School right around the block from there. We spend 4 years living in Norfolk, and actually still own a house there that we rent out.

Pretty nice place, but happy to not live there anymore..

Hey Stone...did you have our famous Virginia Beach Pizza?:wacko:

Mouth watering gobs of motsarella <sarc> cheese on chewy tastless crust.

It almost resembles gourmet Elio's frozen pizza!

I miss Brooklyn!

Cabrera, went to a local Pizza place there one night. Bella something. It wasn't to bad. The pasta was pretty soft and the Pizza slices my son got wasn't to great either. The only time the food wasn't good the whole time there. Trust me, I know food.:D

Very cool! We went there last month for vacation. We lived there from '96-'06 while I was in the Navy. This was the first time we'd been back in three years. Lots of changes in three years. We were amazed.

We made sure to eat at Doumar's Diner. One of our favorite places while we lived there. Old-school drive-in/diner, complete with car hops. If you ever get to Hampton Roads, make sure you go there!

My last re-enlistment was on USS Wisconsin

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts