SpeedTV going away...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to see this happen. I have always been a big fan of Speed and Velocity. Speed was good for NASCAR and Formula-1 coverage. I always hated it when partway throught the season they would switch over to Fox. Fox had very poor coverage and the Formula-1 races were always delayed and not live....You could go onto the Web and find out who won the race before it was televised by Fox??

...Rich

this from a reliable source ...

...The part about Speed going away is old news. They've even already set a date for the transition - August 1. I was told just last week don't expect too much change in 2013 but there will be drastic changes in '14. I was asking about specific things like winter testing and some of the Friday / Saturday practice and qualifying shows. I was told there is a good chance most of that will go away and we will only get to see "the event" itself. And I don't know if that's a bad thing. I think it's over-saturated to a point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Les,

I agree with you about the over-saturation of NASCAR. I'm not interested in watching the practice sessions or even the qualifying. And I sure don't care for the 3 and 4 hour pre-race shows which are just filler until the race starts.....But I still like the fact that Speed was primarily devoted to automotive programing, but I have also noticed that there are fewer new Automotive shows and even Velocity has added some non-automotive programming?

...Rich

Lately Speed has been mostly reruns of Gears, Hot Rod TV, Pass Time and Pinks. I know they also have various automotive "reality" shows but I don't even know what the names of most of those are since I wouldn't watch them anyway. Trash TV as far as I'm concerned. Personally, I'm glad the Pinks fad finally faded too. I went to a live taping of Pinks All Out at Norwalk a few years ago. What a joke. Don't get me wrong, any auto related TV is better than none but Speed's current content is not very interesting to me other than their pre-season NASCAR coverage.

:sad:

On the bright side, their coverage of the Rolex 24 at Daytona starts tomorrow...Go Ford!

Latest posts