Speed controlled volume for Audiophile system

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doyle Ptak

Reaction score
I have a 2005 XLT premium with the Audiophile system. In reading through the owners manual as well as the settings on the unit itself, it calls out a speed controlled volume setting. This is so that the faster you drive the music volume will increase to compensate for road noises. I have tried several times to set this feature but could not get it to work. About 2 weeks ago I took the truck into my local Ford dealer to have that checked as well as let them check the front end and see if they could get the "Crap/year" tires balances and rotated. Long story short the Ford dealer called me back the next day and told me that had to order another radio fo it, and it would be in the next day. The next day I get a call from the dealer and he tells me that they put in the new unit and it does not work either. The read through the manual to see how to set it, just like I had. They called the Ford technical help line and was told that even though the manual calls it out and the radio unit has it in the settings, that the 2005 model does not have this function. Dealer did tell me I got a new radio out of the deal. I was also told that I would be getting a letter from Ford explaining this to me, which I haven't seen as of yet.

Has anyone heard of this before? Does anyone have a 2005 with the Audiphile system that has this as a working feature? Somehow I feel that I have been taken for a ride either by the dealer or Ford. Comments welcome.

On a side note, just got my Silverstars put in this weekend, the difference between the Silverstars and the stock bulbs are amasing.

Sorry, can't help with your problem, but I did have a 2000 Chevy Impala that had the feature, and frankly, it kinda irritated me more than anything. It always seemed to make the stereo TOO loud.

TJR

Dptak, sorry I can't answer your question, but Ford does use certain parts (like the audio system) in different vehicles, some features will work in some and not in others. I have an 05 F150 and the feature does work, and I like it. Hopefully someone will be able to directly answer your question before too long.