Speed Contol Cable

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny Kearns 2

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just trying to replace the thermostat housing (another thread I posted) and in moving the throttle body I cracked the plastic coating around one of the cables (I think it is the speed control cable). Is this an issue where I should replace that cable?

thanks!

A pic would be good to see.

I would think it depends on how far back the sheath is cracked. A short distance. You might be able to. Small tie wrap or twist wire or wrap with good stong tape. Im just guessing. Not being able to see it.

I will look in my repair manual. It might be part of the complete module.

I checked my manual. The cable is a seperate part.

If you need I can scan the page. For removal and replacment.

Hello - see the cable with the red cap (I assume to be the speed control cable). The gray plastic coating around the cable - is it cracked in two places......

When you rotate the TB by hand. Does the cable still slide in and out without hanging or binding?

TB = Throttle Body

Eddie is referring to moving the curved plastic part with the bare cable. It's connected to the TB. When you move that, how easily does your gray plastic coated cable slide through the black tube?