speakers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmodifier999 Boyles

Reaction score
Two questions. First, does anyone know what size speakers are in the doors(front &back)?

Second, I have seen the speedhut gauges and I am wondering if they will fit? The only gauge overlays are for a 95-02 Explorer/Ranger. My Trac is a 2003

OEM size is either 5" x 7" OR 6" x 8." Go with the latter, more area, better bottom. Usually.

ANYTHING is an upgrade to the stock, full range, paper cone "TV speakers" that come stock in the ST.

Unless you have the factory installed "Pioneer" system.

Upgrading speakers ALONE will be a BIG improvement. Alpine OR Pioneer highly recommended.

Don't know, regarding the gauges. These guys know, I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember which year got the updated dash, but I think it was the 04-05. If you have a mechanical odometer, they'll fit fine. If you have a digital odometer (updated dash), then they won't fit.

In my 2001 Job 1 speaker size is 6 x 8. I would think speakers in your 2003 are the same size. I have MB Quart Reference models in mine and they sound great. I'm running an Alpine

CDA-9886 with an Alpine PDX-4.150 amp, Monster cables. The system is clean sounding and balanced. The MB Quart speakers are a bit ineffiecient and need a good amp to come alive.

The 6x8 speakers were a bolt component.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
The stock door speakers are 6x8's...

I upgraded mines to pioneer premier 6x8's. Love, these speakers. Clean, rich sound...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Anybody know how to tell if the trac has upgraded Pioneer system? I have an 05 XLT, with the 6 disk changer from Pioneer, was that an entire system upgrade, or just a better stereo?

Latest posts