Speaker Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Santana

Reaction score
Finally got a system worth putting in my truck. just ordered the pioneer sub box with the shallow mount sub to go with it. I think the price is decent I guess

Pioneer TS-SW2541D $79.99

Pioneer UD-SW10B $99.99

Order Total: $179.98 free delivery....

I have a nice 5 channel Jenson amp and a nice Alpine head unit. I ordered the pioneer 6x8 3way speakers for the rear door. The issue is I also have a NICE set of JL audio 6.5inch components speakers i would like to mount in the front door if possible... My problem is I am wondering if it is possible to mount these in the front without cutting into the metal. Since the OEM is 6x8 I may need to cut .25 to get these speakers in? IS this correct?

Joseymack

I don't know if it will work, but in a lot of vehicles you can just build a riser plate which then mounts to the door and gives enough clearance to make a slightly larger speaker work.

Unless someone has done it though there is no way of knowing for sure, and even then it will still vary some with different speaker manufactures and dimensions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can use the component setup in the front doors. Like JD said you can either use metalor wood cut to fit to mount the 6.5" and tweeters in the 6x8"'s place. It's easy to do and I've done this in my show truck to mount 6x8"'s in the stock 5.25" holes.

Latest posts