spare tire?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine is the same.............The spare is a 17" wheel & tire (245/65 R17) and the limited is an 18" (235/65R18). The 18" won't fit in the well for the spare. Mine came with Michelin Cross Terrain and a Goodyear Fortera spare. /Brad

The 245/65 R17 tires are 29.5393" in Diameter and are 9.64" wide.

The 235/65 R18 tires are 30.0275" in Diameter and are 9.25" wide.

Not really much of a difference in size between the two. I would say it is more as a way to keep costs down, rather than the tires not fitting in the well for the spare.

Tom

And the 07 does not have a limited slip so there is no concern of burning out a posi with different size tires..

Todd Z

Brad, I am not doubting you. I am just saying that it is more of "It wont fit" as much as, "17" tires are cheaper than 18" tires are"

Tom

I've thought about getting rims, but the optimum rim in my opinion would probably be an 18", which seems to be the most expensive choice out there. Tires for 20s seem to be cheaper than either 17s or 18s, and 20s just look too big to me. So I'm sticking with the factory 16s for now.

We recently had someone claim to bust a tire on one of our jobsites. I checked the prices for his size tire, and they turned out to be $175 for those crappy factory General tires in a 255-70R17 size!