Spare tire

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Santana

Reaction score
I have a 2003 SPort trac XLT premium leather.... My question is did our spare tires come with a stock rim or a genric rim... the reason I ask is I had some work done and I just took a look at my spare rim and it is just a rim...... I thought it was the same as the other 4 rims on the truck.... Been a few months now so I am wondering if I got ganked!:angry:

It is just a generic one. Some people have put new rims on and sold thier stock ones. Sometimes thaty will sell them seperately and you can pick one up for the spare. Then you could do a 5 tire rotation each time you do it.

Yeah my 04 came with a no-frills black wheel spare as well. I was disappointed at first because the 95 Ranger I replaced had a matching one.

Yeah, my '03 Adrenaline has an ugly steel wheel for the spare.

My wife's Liberty has a full alloy spare just like the others. I like to rotate the spare with the tires for about 1/3 more tire mileage than without the spare.

Another great Ford idea...

Hey, just be glad the spare is the same size as all the other tires! A few of you may remember the old "space-saver" tires that you had to inflate to full size when you needed a spare! They even included a can of air to fill it with. Using a standard steel wheel as the spare is an ancient, time honored practice in the automotive industry to cut costs. When we all had hubcaps, it didn't even matter.

You can get some interesting wheels as spares, sometimes. The old Thunderbird Turbo Coupes used to come with little skinny aluminum disk wheels to save weight. Racers started using them as front-runners on drag cars.

Latest posts