Spare Tire-Rant

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T

Reaction score
Well now I am a little bit angry.

I always read about it on this site that peoples spares were getting stolen, sure enough, I didnt listen and mine got stolen.

I am selling my ST and the person that was looking at it was the one that pointed it out to me. Have no idea when or where it could have happened, but the fact is that its gone. :angry:

If i do happen to find a person that did it or is doing it to others.....:fire::fire::fire:

But i try to not get so angry because there are many people that have waaaay worse and bigger problems than this. But I wanted to rant, and remind others to protect their spare tires before it disappears.

By the way, I am trying to sell my 2004 Adrenalin 4x4 for $10000 with 89K Miles but with a salvage title. Too high or is the price fair?

Thanks everybody,

George T

Take care

Beautiful Trac man, definetly a fair price. I would think about selling the add ons seperate though, they aren't gonna get you anymore money. Hell you're already asking less then KBB and that's completely stock form. Lot's of people would be all over the head lights/ tail laights, roof rack, westin bull bar, etc... Just saying.

As for the spare that sucks, I don't have that problem, mine's bolted and locked. First and only ST in the world with a custom handmade swing out tire carrier.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I might take off the cold air intake too. Especially since Zabteck stopped selling them. That sounds like a great idea Jerry. Thanks! I didnt think of doing that.

I would take off the headlights and tail lights, but I dont have the stock ones anymore. And I dont wanna take off the bull bar as it has the cheap off road lights on them and I dont wanna remove all the wiring and have a whole in the dashboard lol

Ive seen your tire carrier...that thing is sweet and definetly unique. I love your ST man. :supercool:

Thanks again

ST spare wheels are the same 16" steel wheel that Crown Vic cops cars use. Ought to be plenty in junkyards for cheap. That and a used 255/70-16 tire that holds air and you should be good and for not a lot of money.