Sound clip - Magnaflow on 2007 ST V8

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Freeman

Reaction score
Here's a sound clip / video of the exhaust on my 2007 ST. This was a 0-60MPH run with both driver's windows down. It is a deep/mellow sound. I love it.

It was installed in my garage yesterday. I don't have time today to post more pics or project, but will do so this week. Click the link, below.

I'm also running the 93 octane tune, which may sound different due to the advance of the engine. The engine, with stock exhaust, sounds meaner than the 87 octane stock tune! I'm working on uploading another video shot while driving.

:D

edf4255aa2c7d65dc3c2af27df6550b0.jpg

I cut the exhaust behind the crossmember with a cutoff tool. I also didn't realize there was a clamp above the axle. I removed the rear tire to get to it. After unbolting the flange and removing the hangars (using channel locks to pull the rubber over the metal hooks), it all came off. The new exhaust just bolted into place per the instructions.

Use WD40 to lube the hangars allowing for ease in removal! My pics attached!

Nice clips, Pat. Looks like a flawless install as well! I think mine's on backorder. Too many others beat me to it. Fit and finish looks nice as well. I especially like the flying video!

jfire

Thanks guys! I tried to muffle the sound on the driving video but could not. My external lense has a very powerful microphone on it. The other vids should have given a decent sound representation. Glad you enjoyed the flying clips, jfire.

I notice, while driving, how much power I'm really giving the ST. I am keeping my foot off the throttle more often because now I can hear it dowshifting. I'll have to see how this affects gas mileage.

The old exhaust had what looked like a large cat with the muffler that came off! It was a HEAVY assembly. There are pup-cats up front, one on each manifold, so I guess these provide the necessary emissions control???

Super thanks for sharing your clips, Pat !

Sounds terrific on acceleration.

Do you notice any unpleasant drone/resonance in the cab when driving at cruising speeds?

This is a common problem with a lot of free flow exhaust designs.

I went to Corsas on my Shelby to avoid the drone problem but Corsa doesn't have a system as yet for the 2007 Sport Trac V8.

Hi Guys,

The Mustang GT I traded on my Sport Trac had a full exhaust on it. I started with a Catted "X" pipe connected to a Magnaflow Catback system. Before the change I got 25 mpg on the road. After the change I got as high as 28 mpg on the road, so Pat's statement about knowing how much leadfoot you're putting to it has some merit! I'm really looking forward to mine coming in!(still no word about shipping yet).

jfire

I haven't noticed any resonation at all! The exhaust sounds mellow yet slightly aggressive throughout the entire RPM range. Very nice to ride at 80MPH even though I can hear it chugging along! My Vette, with Borla's resonate nicely at 75MPH. But, no such problem in the ST. It's quiet compared to my Vette.

Jfire - hopefully yours comes in soon!!!

Glad to hear that! Wish I was flying too much to install my exhaust! :D I had to trade 3.5 hours of flying time for that exhaust.

Latest posts