Someone with body shop experience? Need a ruff idea please..

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Have a friend that is going thru a divorce. She did get her car back but.... it is damaged. It was her dream car and has never driven it since the day she bought it.

It is a 2003 Mustang Convertible GT. The damage is to the right front bumper area. There is a gouge in it but it is not torn all the way thru.

What do you feel it would cost to repair the following pictures?

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Coastie- I am emailing you his email addy right now.

Olaf beat me to it. Thanks Olaf.

Coastie, if you can't reach him, email Michelle. She keeps in touch with David since they live close to each other.

Tom

OK, suggested she rub it out and see what it looks like to get a better view of what she is up against. Not to bad considering her future ex hit a house with it.. LOL

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

just a suggestion maybe you could cover the damage with either a decal (kinda like the stripe on the hood of our sport tracs) or maybe some body molding like what is used:blink: on car doors or bumper pads

Heck, that looks like a paint rub from the inside of a garage door frame...my wife does those at least twice a year, and each time I just buff them out.

Seriously.

TJR

Your close,,, he hit the house. There is a gouge in it as well. She wants to fix it so that it looks nice so I ma guessing it will require the gouge to be filled and then pain the general area.

Coastie,

I hit an antelope in my parents 01 Mustang GT a few years ago and ripped up the bumper cover to shreds. The insurance people were being difficult so I just fixed it myself. I ordered a full bumper skin replacement from eBay that was the exact same color. It was OEM, I assume they took it off of something that got hit in the rear. It went on quite easily, took about 1.5 hours.

Anyway, I know her bumper isn't as bad, and I don't know about budgets, but I believe it was about $280 shipped, which I found cheap compared to the body shop's quote.

Edit: the eBay user I bought the bumper from was "bumpersandgrilles"

~strube

Latest posts