Someone email me some luck...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingo

Reaction score
(Yes, it's long, but bear with me...)

Okay, so Friday, I had that hip surgery. They cut through the muscle, drilled a hole in my femur, and inserted a tantalum rod inside of it. Friday through Sunday, I couldn't even roll over without wanting to cry. When the doctors say to rate your pain on a 1 to 10 scale, I was at 843. Anyway, the doctor said to stay off of it and stay home for 2 weeks. I'm paying for school, so I'm gonna go. I was at school on Monday.

Anyway, yesterday, I parked in the candihapped spot near my class building at school. Yes, I have a permit. I was outside for a few minutes and glanced over toward the truck to see a campus cop near it with his lights on. I thought, "So what. I'm legal..." A minute or so later, I heard my horn honk 4 times. My horn is pretty distinctive. I knew it was my shock sensor. I thought, "What the hell?" and made my way to it on my gimpy crutches. The cop was pulling away and I stopped him. I said, "You didn't just write me a ticket, did you?" He said, "No, meet me at the public safety building." I got to the truck and he had put a piece of paper under my wiper. It said, "Please come to public safety. Ask for Ofc. Feltus. Your car was struck." I gimped around it and sighed. Someone had backed into my truck. I went to the Public Safety building, and there was a silver Lincoln LS there with a big dent in the back bumper cover. I went inside and asked for Ofc. Feltus. (Yes, his name makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.) Turns out... The person that backed into me was a professor. She wasn't even going to leave a note, and left. A student called the campus police and reported her. They pulled her on the way to the exit. (What pissed me off isn't the accident. Stuff happens. The lack of responsibility and a note at the very least pissed me off bad.) My hitch ball has a big rub on it (Who cares?), and the bumper cover has a big paintless scrape on it. She proceeded to argue with me and said, "I only hit your hitch. That must've been there before." I looked and said, "Then why is there blue paint on your silver bumper? Did it get scared and jump there to be safe?" (No, she's not one of my professors, and won't be.) The report is available on Tuesday.

So... Today, I'm leaving my Chem class, crutching down the hallway. Right as I put the crutch tips to the ground and put my weight on them, a guy from my class (Really nice guy, by the way,) accidentally kicked the bottom of the right crutch, and down I went.... Hard. I just happened to land with all 230 lbs. of me RIGHT on where I had the surgery. It hurt so forking badly that I couldn't breathe and my eyes started tearing up. It took a minute to catch my breath. He kept trying to help me up. I feel really bad about this, and plan to apologize Monday, but I just screamed, "Leave me the F____ alone!" He was horribly embarassed and left quickly. I didn't know if I should get up or call an ambulance. I slowly and painfully got back to my feet and gimped to the truck and left. Fortunately, i have an ortho appt. tomorrow at 3:00. He'll undoubtedly tell me what got screwed up, if anything.

Someone please email, fax, or paypal me some luck! I really need it!

(I love parenthesis, by the way. And I'm pretty fond of commas as well.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the same way with commas and parenthesis...

LUCK WILL COME YOUR WAY!!!!

GOOD LUCK to you...

rob

Andy.....

Sorry about your case of "bad luck".....

I would say you need to take it easy....."down time" and let your body heal. I'm surprised that you are out and about already after that surgery....

Simple accidents could wind you up in a wheel chair for the rest of your life......I say this, cus it happened to a friend who pushed the envelope and didn't take it easy after his surgery.

Anyway, hope things go ok when you go back and see your doc.

Fox, worst case, it's a total hip replacement... Couldn't hurt much worse than this. :) And no, I haven't missed a single class so far.

I know the pain somewhat.....I tore up my lower back when I was in my early twenties and have been paying the price ever since off and on. Doc's told me I'd just have to learn to live with it.

I still think you should rethink the classes for now and think of what is more important for the long run. I was out of work for three months when I messed up my back....doc's orders, but I'm glad now that I did take that time to heal or I could have been in worse shape if I would have continued my 'normal' activities.

Nah. I take good care of myself, take my vitamins, and plenty of protein (Meat, you perverts.) I heal very quickly. Until the crutch incident, today, I was already able to put weight on it and kinda walk (Although I looked retarded.) Tomorrow, I'm planning on asking the doctor if I can switch from crutches to a cane. I'll still look like the token old guy on campus, but crutches suck so much butt. My hands are bruised and my shoulder muscles are sore. Maybe I should stop being so fat...

Dingo,

Our prayers are with you too.

Forget about attending the class. Talk to the instructor about your situation, and have someone (;)) bring you the class notes and homework assignments.

Bad news pain is not good. Good news you really don't remember pain.

Good news you have a Titanium Rod in your leg. That's much more to brag about at a party than 80 radioactive seeds.

Good news you thought you got a ticket and you didn't

Good news you are out of the Hospital, the worst part is over.

Good news the damage to the trac was minor compared to your accident in the hall.

You are one lucky guy (1 bad news and 5 good news)

Take Care, Take it easy, Follow the doctors instructions, Do the rehab (but don't go to fast).

Dag Andy.. I thought I had a rough day.. Sorry to hear about all that bro. If I can help out in any way give me a shout. I'm sure your runnin' low on mountain dews by now, lol. Good luck to ya, Hope u feel better soon! ;)

Andy,

Good luck at the doc's today and Please listen to what they tell you to do and follow thru with their orders.....They are the pro's in this kind of stuff and are only trying to help you get well.

If not the doc's....listen to your friends on here and take their advice and do take it easy.

Just getting in and out of your truck can put more strain on your hip and joints which would delay the healing process or make matters worse.

Ditto on Rogers comment

Dang, now i feel bad, yesterday I had no energy and felt horrible so missed all my classes that day, you had major hip surgery and haven't missed a class yet.

Good Luck with everything man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then why is there blue paint on your silver bumper? Did it get scared and jump there to be safe?

:lol: With wits like that I think you'll be just fine...

Well, goodluck anyway.

Latest posts