Some help from Canada...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh OH

Reaction score
Hey ya'll from the north..

Need some help from Canada here... As most of ya'll know, I'm getting ready to get out of the navy here in just 15 days.. But I got a minor problem... My dad's birthday is coming up soon and I wanted to get him a good present. Both he and I, from being on active duty, had traveled the world over tasting beers... And long story short, I want to get some "Kilkenny" for him for his b-day. (And me too! :D) But you can't buy the stuff in the states. After me and the wife searching online forever and a day, we found out that it can be found at the "Beer Store" in Canada... But I can't exactly go to Canada to buy it and bring it back to the states... So that's where I hope someone here could help me out... If I sent you enough cash to pay for it and shipping (Perhaps a little for your effort), any chance I could get someone to buy some and ship it to the states for me?

Thanks for any help you could give..

~Josh

Let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get Kilkenny from any liquor store up here, I have a friend that drinks it. As far as shipping it down there, I would like to help you but I am heading to Cancun in a couple days and have to catch up on work shiot.... But If I can you'll be the first to know. Are there any laws against shipping beer? Not that this would deter me exactly....I think the whole world should have access to Canada's superior beer stock. :p

Dallas

got paypal? im sure we can work something out in located in vancouver bc canada acually got a can of kelkenny on my dresser let me know how much you want and ill try to figure out a cost for you

[email protected] email me the info

Alcoholic beverages -- U.S. Postal Service regulations prohibit sending alcoholic beverages through the mail (18 U.S.C. 1716(f)).

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/toolbox/publications/travel/internationalmail.ctt/internationalmail.doc

The sender and receiver must be a licensed shipper:

The world of FedEx covers a broad spectrum of shipping services. There are a number of shipments that require special care or that may not be accepted by FedEx, or by the importing or exporting countries. Please contact us for more information.

Materials listed below may require special handling:

* Liquor: This includes any alcoholic beverage for human consumption. FedEx requires both the shipper and receiver to be licensed entities in order to receive liquor shipments. Gift shipments of alcohol are also included in this prohibition. http://www.fedex.com/no/services/specialshipments/?link=2

ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES

The only alcoholic beverages that UPS accepts for transportation are wine and beer. Packages

containing wine and beer are accepted for transportation only from shippers who are licensed and

authorized under applicable laws to ship alcohol and only on a contractual basis. To receive service for

packages containing wine or beer, the shipper must sign a contract and agree to the provisions set forth

in the applicable approved UPS agreement for the transportation of wine or beer. The shipper must affix a

UPS label, requesting Delivery Confirmation Adult Signature Required service, to each package

containing wine or beer. Adult means a person 21 years of age or older. It is the responsibility of the

shipper to ensure that a package tendered to UPS does not violate any federal, state, provincial, or local

laws or regulations applicable to the package.

UPS reserves the right to dispose of any alcoholic beverages tendered for shipment which shippers are

prohibited from shipping, which UPS is not authorized to accept, which UPS states that it will not accept,

or which UPS has a right to refuse. The shipper agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless UPS, its

parent corporation, and affiliated companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, and their

successors and assigns, from all claims, demands, expenses, liabilities, causes of action, enforcement

procedures, and suits of any kind or nature brought by a governmental agency or any other person or

entity arising from or relating to the transportation of a package containing alcoholic beverages, or from

the shipper's noncompliance with UPS requirements for the shipment of alcoholic beverages or

governmental laws or regulations applicable to the transportation of alcoholic beverages. Under no

circumstances shall UPS be liable for special, incidental, or consequential damages arising from the

transportation of a shipment of alcoholic beverages. UPS reserves the right to discontinue service to any

shipper for, among other reasons, tendering a package containing alcoholic beverages that does not

comply with all applicable laws or the UPS Terms and Conditions of Service relating to the shipment. http://www.ups.com/media/en/us_tariff_01032006.pdf

Josh - Looks like a road-trip is in order for you. :lol:

Definitely do the road trip--especially that Columbus is so close to Canada (via Detroit), at least when compared to the distances much of the rest of the country would need to drive.

I'm not sure if it's changed, but I know you used to be allowed to bring either one case or two bottles of alcohol across the border with you. I'm not sure if those were per person or per vehicle.

While you're up there, if you like things like Mike's Hard Lemonade, Smirnoff Ice, etc., be sure to try them up there. In the US, those beverages are basically flavored beers. But up there, they're made with real vodka and other hard liquors. Vastly different--and vastly improved!

Latest posts