SOLD---Verizon MiFi 2200 3G Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Long story short, I lost my MiFi device and purchased this one new (as a replacement).

Five days later, I found it...

So I am selling the one I just bough less than 2 weeks ago.

In a nut shell, it is a hotspot that you can connect up to five devices to or, you can plug it directing (Via USB) into a device and then it will only connect to that device.

The advantage to buying this from me is, you do NOT have to get a 2-year contract. As you own the device you simply contact Verizon and activate the service.

I had the unlimited package (which is maxed at 5 gigs) and I paid 49 dollars a month. I was grandfathers and do not know if this rate is still available.

As a HotSpot, you simply connect via wireless like any other wireless internet. As a plugged in device, one you download the FREE VZ MANAGER app (download from here (http://www.vzam.net/) you plug in via the USB and it pretty much walks you through it. When plugged in, it will both operate and charge the device.

They do have two packages, the 5 gig and I think a 250 MB package.

I use this ALL THE TIME and I never reached 2 gigs within the month as I have internet at home and would use that when I was home. I travel 5-days a week and I will NEVER be without something like this, it is too nice to have internet whenever you want/need it.

I use it with my iPad all the time, it is faster than a computer. I assume as it does not have to process as much...

I am looking for 50 dollars which is about half the cost you can get it for now.

I am guessing freight will be $7.00 or less.

Here is a picture of it and a link via Verizon so you can get additional details if yo would like...

[Broken External Image]:

With Mobile Broadband Service and WiFi capability, the MiFi2200 (OTA) device enables you to take full advantage of Americas largest and most reliable 3G network! With the OTA version, activation is quick and easy. Customers can now activate their new device without needing to tether the device to a host computer with a USB cable. Just access the simple web GUI to activate, no SW installation necessary. The MiFi2200 device enhances the Mobile Broadband Service experience by also providing a wireless hub for up to five WiFienabled devices at one time multiple users can take advantage of an instant hotspot. And with its compact and lightweight form factor and rechargeable battery, the MiFi2200 device provides the ultimate in onthego flexibility!

Features

Mobile Broadband(CDMA Rev. A, Rev 0, 1XRTT)

WiFiMode: 802.11 b/g for connection of up to 5 devices

NovaSpeed enhances simultaneous upload and download performance

Type A USB port compatibility via included microUSB cable

Power button and Master Reset button

Antenna System: Internal; Receive diversity 800/1900 MHz CDMA

LED: Power4 Color; Service Status1 Color

2way Text Messaging capable in USB Mode (Windows and Mac)

VPN Compatible; Dial Up; NDIS support

Auto Connect

System Requirements

One Type A USB Port

Processor: 166 MHz

Memory (RAM) requirement: 128MB

Hard disk space requirement: 100MB

Specifications

Dimensions: 3.5" (H) x 2.3" (W) x 0.4" (D)

Weight: 2.05 oz.

Battery Usage (1150 mAh): up to 4 hrs. (one WiFi client only)

Battery Standby: up to 40 hrs.

SAR: N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
LaRue,,,

You could help by buying it....

I will lower the price to 40 bucks...

If no one wants it in a week or so, i will list it on eBay....

Sorry Kevin, Rose hasn't broken her's yet... so we're still good to go. Verizon keeps sending me email wanting me to upgrade to the 4G. duh... 4G isn't around here yet.... I don't think so.......

Latest posts