SOLD - K&N filter for 4.0 V6

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul McDevitt

Reaction score
SOLD

I have an extra K&N drop in filter for 4.0 V6 due to an ebay seller snafu. Complete kit including the airbox gasket. K&N part number is 33-2106-1. I'd sell it for $25 shipped in the US.

If you're interested,the ebay seller "sold" me a K&N cold air intake, but shipped me this filter. I complained, and they sent me a second filter. I complained again, they refunded my money, and said "Send it back". Told them they sent me two, they said "Nope we only sent you one." So I sent one back. It's been at least 4 months now, I don't think they're going to ask for it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul- Guess you never sold it the first time. I ended up using mine rather than buying the intake. Works fine, engine seems to "breathe" better and the sound is moderately louder.

Hope you sell it. At that price including shipping, it shouldn't last long. Aloha, Steve

Steve - my used Trac already had a K&N in it when I bought it. I've bought a CAI and Zabteck throttle body and new MAF housing that I need to get around to installing (along with some chrome bits for my bike). We moved in August and bringing the new (old) house up to spec has kept me busy. I just picked up a kerosene heater for the garage, so I can get to some of these jobs over the winter (that's the part of the year when it gets too cold to swim, Steve. I know you don't have that there ;-)

Attn Paul:

ALL TIME record low in Honolulu is 54 Degrees. Record high was 95. Average annual air temperature is 81, and water temp 74, all at sea level.

The Hawaiian Islands are the most isolated on Earth, from any large land mass. (Populated Islands)

But man, we pay the price to live here. (E.G.- Milk @ $5-6 per gallon, Regular Gas $3.25 in Honolulu) That's todays prices.

P.S.- Glad to see you sold the filter. Didn't take long, huh? ;)

P.S.S.- Your PROFILE shows a ZABCO CAI and Throttle Body. (Zabteck Performance)

"ZAPCO" is a mfg. of EXTREMELY high end car audio components. Kind of like McIntosh Car Audio.

That's "ZapCo", spelled with a "P" :)

I've been lucky enough to visit your islands 3 times. I'm surprised that gas is relatively cheap compared to the milk price. (regular here in PA right now is @ $2.79).

Last visit, we went kayaking off of Maui. Our guide was pure Hawaiian. Really nice guy, who wore a wetsuit for the adventure. We were ribbing him as we were all wearing just swim suits. It was February I think, and he said "You have to understand, this is my winter. It was so cold yesterday that I didn't get out of bed!" I'd take Hawaiian winter all year!

Paul- If you believe it, we have NO dairies producing milk in the state.

Let me know if you ever make it back here. Don't know if you've seen the Big Island or Kauai, the bookends of our island chain. Personally my two favorite islands. The Big Isle for it's sheer size and 11 of the 13 "climate zones" on earth. Kauai for it's natural beauty, and being the oldest major island. They were formed north to south, beginning with Kauai about 5M years ago. The Big Island is STILL growing, as can be seen by the active volcanoes.

Aloha, Steve

Latest posts