So who's getting/got an Xbox360?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff C

Reaction score
Just picked mine up. Get up there, get the total, and my card gets declined. Call the CC company, and they declined it because all of my last month's purchases were like $20-$50. Lol, got it all straightened out, and got my Xbox (the better version), extra controller, PGR3, and Call of Duty 2. I know what I'm doing over the Xmas break. Just wondering who else out there picked one up.

Good snag. They are this Christmas's Cabbage Patch dolls.

For those who are too young to remember Cabbage Patch dolls, they were a hard to get item like Teddy Ruxpin....Tickle Me Elmo...Furbys....Game Boy Color....PS2.

I guess I am showing my age.

I would love an X-Box 360, but it would be like crack to my kids, and I would have to pay for the addiction.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
it would be like crack to my kids, and I would have to pay for the addiction

LOL! Same here.... mine are old enought to buy their own, but they are buying vehicles now instead. Now, if I can keep them out of the mini-tuner magazines and stop them from drooling of intercoolers and such.....

TJR-

Supposedly Microsoft is making enough 360's so that there won't be 'artificial demand' as they called it ffrom short supply, as was the case for the PSP, PS2, or any other 'fad' Chri'mas gift. Supposedly. With as many contests that are out there where you can win a 360, and with as many people getting free 360's, I have to belive that there are lots and consoles being made. I know you couldn't pre-order one for the past 2 months or so, but I think that's more to do with allocation then short supply.

I gotta get me a white PSP too, and a PS3.

$400 is crazy. I'll wait until the price drops below $200 before I'll consider a 360.

$400 would buy a good video card and a new processor for my PC. I prefer playing FPS like Battlefield2 on a PC rather than a console anyway.

They are going for $3000 on ebay......I would have to be high on crack, drunk, and held hostage to buy one for that much:blink:

After Xmas you will find them all over......

My best friend won an xbox 360 through Mountain Dew and got it 2 weeks ago (part fo there promotion) he got a racing game and some role playing game. Can't remember the names. But played the role playing game for about 2 hours last friday.....FREAKIN INCREDIBLE CONSOLE. Sony and nintendo should just pack it in.lol.

Dallas

Sony and Nintendo have competing consoles ready for release in early 2006. Don't count them out yet, as reviews I've read on XBox 360 say it's a console waiting on a 'A Class' game. hmmm Halo 3 maybe? :)

Halo 3 should be an A++ game, if Bungie doesn't fail. Halo 2 was good, but nothing like Halo: CE. I think Bungie learned thier lesson with Halo 2, so hopefully Halo 3 won't be quite the dissapointment.

Anywho, the Revolution probably won't be much of a contender versus the Playstation 3 and 360. It just doesn't have the games support. Sure, it'll have a few gems like the GameCube, but nothing like the powerhouses Sony and Microsoft are pulling in.

Posted By Tiger

Supposedly Microsoft is making enough 360's so that there won't be 'artificial demand' as they called it ffrom short supply, as was the case for the PSP, PS2, or any other 'fad' Chri'mas gift. Supposedly. With as many contests that are out there where you can win a 360, and with as many people getting free 360's, I have to belive that there are lots and consoles being made. I know you couldn't pre-order one for the past 2 months or so, but I think that's more to do with allocation then short supply.

I gotta get me a white PSP too, and a PS3.

Are you kidding, there is a huge shortage of 360's. If you didnt have a preorder, your not getting one till after February. It has nothing to do with allocation, it has to do with Microsoft not making enough to satisfy the demand.But i guess that was there goal all along, to not make enuff and keep demand high. Which is stupid if ya ask me because there are enuff PS2/PS3 people out there to say screw you Microsoft, you messed up, im waiting for PS3. Myself included.

Heres some links to prove Microsofts BS

EDIT: Actually instead just type in XBOX 360 Shortage into gooogle.

Yeah, I'm gonna list it tonight at $800 starting, reserve at $1600, BIN at $1900. If it sells, it sells and I have a very merry Christmas, if it doesn't, I still have a good Xmas playing my Xbox360. I love capitalism.

Hope everyone buying one has the HDTV to make it worthwhile, although IMO nothing makes it worthwhile. Big waste of time and money.

You don't need an HDTV to use the 360, or even take advantage of the better graphics for the XBOX games.

The main drawbacks for the 360 will be the decision to not include a hard drive as standard, the lack of HD-DVD support, and possibly the lack of HD only support.

I'd rather spend my time and money on a digital vice then most physical ones. Those pesky physical vice's will get you every time.

i say get off your asses and stop sitting in front of the tv and go outside and do something I WILL NEVER BUY A VIDEO GAME FOR ME OR MY KIDS ALL THEY DO IS LEAD TO MORE FAT KIDS i CAN'T STAND THAT!!!!IF MY KID WANTS A BIKE OR A SURFBOARD HE CAN HAVE ANYTHING HE WANTS AS LONG AS IT MOVES!!

I've spent less on video games AND consoles in the past 2 years then I did for this computer.

But I'd rather game on a console, huge screen, guarenteed performance, no drivers to deal with for new controllers, etc, etc. If I wanted the bleeding raw edge of technology and graphics, I'd spent a lot more on updating coputers then consoles.

Latest posts