Snowplow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Perry

Reaction score
Wanting to know if anybody has put a snowplow on there trac. If so what brand. I am kicking around the idea of getting one. Probably the snoway brand. Sno-Way ST SERIES Snow Plow.

Will only use it for my driveway and maybe a few more. Give me your ideas and feedback good idea or bad.

Another question is will are tracs hold up to using a plow.

Thanks,

Artman

I use a Western Suburbanite. Truck works great with the plow. I only plow my own drive and the neighbors, each one is double wide and 100 feet long. Check my folder for pics.

Ford does not recommend using 95+ Explorers and 98+ Rangers with IFS to plow.

That said, a small plow for just doing your driveway should be okay. I wouldn't go doing the parking lot at K-Mart with it.

If you notice on plow trucks, the gap between the bottom of the front fenders and the door is wider than the gap at the top. This is because the frame is bent.

I had one of these on my Chevy S10. My driveway was about 100 yards long, which led to a private road, which ran about 150 yards to the county road. I'd plow the private road, my drive, and my three neighbors. Product worked great, and was reasonably priced:

http://www.winterwolfsnowplows.com/page/WW100_Snowplow_Features

They do list a mount for '01-'06 Sport Tracs. Best part it that the plow is easy on and off, and leaves a very small bracket on the vehicle.

Part of the low price is because you have to get out and swing the plow manually from side to side. But, after you do your property a few times, you learn to do as much as you can with the plow angled one way, then swing it and do the rest.

I'd buy one again if I had the need.

Latest posts