Smart Phone Users

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
Ain't this the truth...

[Broken External Image]:

Here's my current phone. I suppose that makes me a fossil.

2cc4cd0640699af9974514a62f9e7a2e.jpg

Im a fossil also. Im using a 4yr old, LG VX 5300. Simular to yours.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a cheap phone WITHOUT a camera.

Talk about a hard job finding one of those!

Tom

I am on my 4th Blackberry and I love it. The first three were provided to me by my job, but since I retired I had to buy my own AT&T Blackberry Bold in August. I guess I just got used to how the Blackberry works and their rugged reliability...I've never had one break and God knows how many times I've dropped mine and then accidently kicked it across the room. The phone would go one way and the battery and back cover would go in the other direction. Put the battery back in and it came up just fine every time.

I tried a Samsung smartphone with the touch screen but I really didn't like it that much. It had some nice features but I kept losing icons off the screen for some reason?? It was a phone from Metro-PCS and their service sucks where I live....Weak signal and it kept dropping calls.

...Rich

I love my Sprint HTC.

I have two nits on the 1 to 10 scale.

1. Battary life - 1

Terrible. I did what most people do and that is purchase two additional battery's, and I have power outlets in work, car, and multiple at home.

2. Weight - 5

To get the larger screen you live with the weight and bulk of the phone. But for some people that could be a turn off.

I'll be happier when I can stream from netflix :) That is coming soon.

I've never seen much use for my phone besides making calls and an occasional text for quick updates on everyday things. I'm beginning to feel like the only one.

I don't think I'm any less productive throughout the day than a smartphone user. Probably actually more productive if you just calculate the down time associated with obsessively checking things that aren't important (facebook, etc.). If your brain memory works, you can rely less on the GBs of memory in your toys.

And if you consider the monthly price of "smart"phones compared to necessity, I'd say those without them are probably making the smarter decisions. Just my opinion; not meant to be an insult. I'm sure some will post anecdotal stories of how they really need them and the cost/benefit is actually reasonable. This isn't meant for you. For the average American, though, it just isn't reasonable. Since this is what I think most people are in search for to justify smartphones, anyways, here ya go: "That's a spiffy phone."

I go with the free update phone every year that doesn't require a data package from Verizon. Currently, LG EnV Touch.

Well, I gotta go take care of stuff. I'll be internet-less until tonight. Please pray for me. I hope I can make it. :bwahaha:

Latest posts