Small radiator leak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Cohn

Reaction score
Came back from a few days on the road today and was washing my '02 ST. I decided to spray a stream of water into the radiator as it was plastered with insects. Did the same with the smaller radiator in front. When I came out an hour later there was a lot of water where the small radiator is. When I drove off there was a lot more. Needless to say I think the presure was to great. I called my local dealership and they said it was a tranny cooler or powersteering radiator. I don't think it is either one of those, what is it, and will it kill my ST and my wallet to get it fixed?

Any insight would be appreiciated.

:throwup:

Small one lower rhs of vehicle in my '04 is trans cooler. I'd say if it has water running out of it, you have much larger problems. Make sure from where the coolant is coming from. It can travel a long way before finally dripping. Let us know.

Remember, there's a LOT of surface area on radiators and coolers ......... to hold water. If it's leaking you'll see steam and/or smell it.

Stop by a radiator repair shop and have it pressure tested if in doubt but give it a chance to dry out first.

Last edited by a moderator: