Skid Plates are on

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 68550

Reaction score
Fleet option skid plates (and the extra bracket I didn't know I needed but Torrie told me about) came in quickly and went on easily.

Thanks to Torrie from Fast Parts Network!

Eric:

Yes, photos would be nice and a description of how difficult. Cost and part numbers too. I don't do much off the road but it would be nice, especially, to have the gas tank protected if that is one of the options.

'07 ST:driving:

i put these on about 2 years ago. pretty easy to put on, took me about an hour i think. the gas tank skid plate is just heavy plastic but its better than nothing i guess

Well, I was working solo in my garage, so no pics. Sorry if you think the thread is worthless.

Rednek185 posted some pics from when he did it. As far as part numbers go, here they are:

Fuel Tank Skid Plate 6L2Z9A147AA

Transfer Case Skid Plate 6L2Z7E063AA

Fuel Tank Skid Plate Bracket 1L2Z9A235AA

I used black M10 hardware sourced locally rather than the Ford hardware to save money. Unistrut M10 channel nuts secured with a little VHB tape for inside the frame rails. I had to drill the existing frame holes a little larger for the t-case plate to take the M10 hardware, but that was the only wrinkle. Under three hours from start to finish.

Cool, thanks. Now could you get under your truck and take some photos and put them in your library please? :supercool:

More pictures in my library.[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats great, I need to do that to my trac before I pop a hole in my tank on some coral. Thanks for posting up the photos.

Thanks for the info. If I end up keeping my truck after the lease I'll probably get one. I did put the Ford fuel tank skidplate on my old '05. It was made of a thick composite material also.

Wanted to put these on after a recent off-road trip and noticed how many times the bottom scraped (stock height + long wheelbase = well, you know) and how much stuff was stuck to the bottom of the tank as a result. Hat tip to rednek185 for posting on this back when he did it.

Clusterpup - have a look at Projects/Off-Road/Fuel Tank Skid Plate Installation for Gen1 details (if you haven't already).

Latest posts