Sirius

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimB Butler

Reaction score
Hello all ST enthusiasts,

I have a JVC KT-SR1000 Sirius receiver. I am thinking of upgrading. I have too much interference with this model. What do you have? and do you like it? I am talking about the sportsters not the sound systems with sirius already in them. Your opinions count a great deal.

We have two sportsters and our son has one of the JVC receivers (not sure which of the JVC models) We too had interference issues with the FM modulator caused by radio stations bleeding in over the sirius signal. The problem was the same with the JVC and the Sportster receivers. I added a wired FM modulator relay to two of our vehicles to correct the problem. The relay disconnects the radio antenna when the Sirius receiver is powered up so you no longer have the bleed over from radio stations.

The best $20. you can spend if your radio does not have an aux input to feed the signal into the radio. Some radios have different antenna connectors than the relay has on it and you will need to buy adapters to make the relay connect. On our Son's 1994 F-150 the relay plugged right in, wifes 2003 Taurus needed adapters. Either way what a difference in reception!

I bought the relays and adapters at Best Buy. [Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts