Sirius Radio rates

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les C

Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what is the best rate anyone has found when renewing their Sirius XM Satelite Radio in their ST?

FYI: my '10 STA came equipped w/Sirius or otherwise I wouldn't have it. The STA is a 3rd vehicle & w/only 2 drivers in our household it's not driven daily, sometimes not even weekly. My STA is driven only on rain free days, mostly out to dinner, to church on Sundays & on trips. But while I do like listening to it when in the STA, I only listen to one particular station and it's not something I have to have. I just renewed again Tuesday for another 5 months for $24.99 plus the $3.12 royality fee.

Thanks,

Les C

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to look into Pandora. With that on your phone you can play it via Sync in your truck. I've got a Sirius subscription too but listen to only a few stations. I'll probably not renew it unless they offer a much better rate. Pandora One (subscription version) costs me $36 a year; great while working at the desktop and you can put the apps on phone and iPad. You may have noticed that the OEMs are putting Pandora into their new cars. It won't be long before they fit Wi-Fi either.

I never thought I would want Satellite Radio, but my Mercedes came with Sirius and 6 months free service. I actually like the choices and especially that I don't have radio stations that fade out every hour or two when driving long distances. My Sirius has the full array of channels and has increased from about $12.99 a month, up to $17.99 but there is a slight discount for buying a one year subscription.

Now my new Hyundai Tucsan has Sirius/XM free for 3 months and that will expire next month. I like it, but don't know if I want to pay for Sirius in two vehicles???

I will probably call them and see if they have a discount for multi vehicles like the insurance companies do...:grin:

...Rich

When we bought Rose's 500 in 07, we had 3 months Sirius. They sent us an offer for lifetime subscription at the cost of $300.00.... Snagged that deal real quick. We have 3 transfers for free. We will be transferring over to Roses's Taurus next week even though we have 6 months free. Heck, it's already paid for. We Love it.

Back when married. Wifes '08 escape came with 1yr sirius free. When I registered with them. Sirius rep asked, if I had any other fords that were SAT capable. I told them about my Tracs unit, with the sat button. They said, they were going to send me the equipment needed for self install. Also 1yr free for my Trac. Some deal they had with ford and ford owners. In the fall of '08.

I never recieved the equipment. They never anserwed my inquiries. They never anserwed any tech questions about the escape unit.

I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AT ALL. UNTILL THEY NOTIFIED US FOR RENEWAL. Sorry about the caps. We were not impressed with all that. So we droped them. They kept snail and emailing us with xtra discounted prices for renewal for months. Every time they did I reminded them of breaking a contract for my Trac. When we initialized the escape's plan. I get an email offer about once a year....LOL.

They can stick it. As much as it would be nice to have. When someone breaks a contract or promise. Be it a handshake, verbal, or paper. I never have any use for them again....:fire:

Im not perfect but, I try my darndest to be honest. Sorry about this posting. I suppose this thread stired me up....:banghead:

The best rate for Sirius and/or XM is the lifetime subscription plan which is not usually advertised. You need to call in to the sales department and ask for the rate. I think it was $400+ but if you keep your truck longer than 4 years it's the cheapest. I've done it three times now. You pay it all at once and then it's good for as long as you have the truck or the music system that has the Sirius unit. If the unit goes bad (which I had one go bad) the dealer will replace the Sirius unit and update the serial number with Sirius so you don;t have to worry. Now, if you decide to remove the Ford stereo with Sirius and say install a new Panasonic unit that has a Sirius unit the subscription will not transfer. You would need a new subscription unless you call Sirius and beg them to transfer the subscription. They will but only if the unit went bad so make sure the unit "went bad". :)

The best rate for Sirius and/or XM is the lifetime subscription plan which is not usually advertised. You need to call in to the sales department and ask for the rate. I think it was $400+ but if you keep your truck longer than 4 years it's the cheapest. I've done it three times now. You pay it all at once and then it's good for as long as you have the truck or the music system that has the Sirius unit. If the unit goes bad (which I had one go bad) the dealer will replace the Sirius unit and update the serial number with Sirius so you don;t have to worry. Now, if you decide to remove the Ford stereo with Sirius and say install a new Panasonic unit that has a Sirius unit the subscription will not transfer. You would need a new subscription unless you call Sirius and beg them to transfer the subscription. They will but only if the unit went bad so make sure the unit "went bad". :)

Well,,, Sirius sold me a lifetime with 3 transfers,,, NOW they will not honor their part of the deal. I'M SCREWED! So for me to keep Sirius I have to dish out $149 a year. They won't even talk about another lifetime sub. Besides, I don't have $500 to crap out for a radio. Bastards!

I've had Sirius for years, and love it. I've had it in every car (thankfully now built in instead of running wires all over the place) since it came out. When I first got it, I had a wired cassette tape adapter to hook it up to the car stereo; that's old school. Right now I have it in both trucks and my boat. We can also listen online so I can BT it to my home stereo. I pay annually to save a few bucks.

I've had nothing but great customer service from Sirius, and even made a little money of SIRI (stock ticker) a few years ago. I also HATE loud obnoxious commercials, which seems to be the only kind on the radio these days.

Since the original posting was about subscription price, I paid $152 in my last annual installment for two cars and internet. Haven't had to pay on the boat yet - still in trial period.

I just bit the bullet and paid for a Spotify subscription. Best $10 a month I've spent. Their catalog is huge, you can can listen to "radio" stations crafted around certain artists (like Pandora) there are no ads and you can download to your iPhone for use when you can't get a connection (like on a plane).

I have 2 xm radios, one in the ST and another in the honda...Jennifer and I both love XM not Sirius. I don't know what i would do without it

also they do give multi radio discounts