shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Harris

Reaction score
hey guys.

I am considering upgrading the shocks on my 01 ST from the piece of crap OEM ones on there now.

Does anyone have any recommendations, and also, how easy is it to install them myself and save me 175$ on the installation.

thanks,

chris

It all depends on what type of ride your looking for. Please Do a site search on "shocks" as the subject has been discussed to the "N"th degree. I'll just say that twin tube will give you a softer ride than monotube shocks, but then that also depends on the valving. I personally (from experience) recommend also doing the MOOG Problem solver front end link upgrade for $30 from AutoZone or CarQuest.

Not too hard to do yourself. Do a search and you can read all about it. Monroe Reflex are very popular with memebers. I've had Rancho RSX shocks [same internals as the Reflex] now for nearly 60k miles and the ride improvement is unbelievable.

Rancho RSX. These have improved the ride so much it is hard to explain, there is much MUCH more ride and cornering control. they were easy to install as well.:)

Latest posts