Shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riyoku Delvey

Reaction score
I still have the stock shocks on my '02 ST. The ride is terrible! I want some new shocks, so can anyone tell me some good ones that you've had experience with?

Do a search. There are many posts on this one. I have Rancho RSX's on mine and love them. Monroe Reflex shocks are basically the same as what I have. I think they are phasing out the Rancho RSX's though.;)

I put KYB Monomax on my 01 Job2 'trac...and love'm!

Way better than stock. The 'trac is much more responsive and the ride has smoothed out quite a bit. I'm sure you'll be happy with any aftermarket shock you choose.

Here is a good post from Rodger, who did alot of suspension changes.His experience should help. I have Edelbrock IAS on the front and rancho 9000 on the rear._Ron

Thank You, Blackhat for saveing me the time. I would add to that information to the previous post that because of the age of your ST you need to consider replacing most all the bushings as well. Because of the softer bushings and body mounts on the '01 & '02 ST's I would go with stiffer shocks if all you do is on road driving. Rich Stern has only put on new shocks, Monroe SensaTrac's, and nothing else on his '01 job1 ST. I have found that it is so judgemental. The only thing for sure is the stock shocks are pitiful. We have been to the Ford Proving Ground in Arizona so I do know that the stock shocks are good enough, but for how long is anybody's guess.

i put Monroe Reflex shocks on my 2003 Sport Trac a little less than a year ago. Major improvement in the ride. Much firmer but not harsh. Even my wife loves them. A set of 4 cost me about $300 installed at NTB (National Tire % Battery), plus there was a rebate from Monroe.

NTB beat Sears price by about $20. They originally quoted me a price that was $100 higher and said they would beat anyone elses price. I went to Sears and got a lower price and took their quote back to NTB and he cut that price.

...Rich

I got a set of Sensa Tracs on sale at Sears for less than $200 installed. I like them and they have the word "Trac" in the name. :p My original adventure of putting on Pro Comps with a number of missing parts by myself was, um, an adventure.