Shocks/Bearings/Tires/Brakes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad AlbertoJr

Reaction score
I had been living with a vibration for the past few months and finaly decided to do something about it with my return from uncle sam.

Changed the front rotors and brakes (they were warped and old) and, since they were going to be out anyway, I changed the bearings in the front. I FINALLY changed the OEM shocks all around (125k miles later) and I could not believe the difference. The cherry on top was a brand new set of Michelin Cross Terrains from Costco this morning.

It literally feels like a new car. :haveabeer:

Sounds good, glad you got things staightened out. Not sure about the "cross terrains", I only got about 22K out of them and had to be replaced. BC

Conrad, The cherry on top would have been the shocks. I got rid of my oems at 1500miles. The change in ride and control was an astronomical difference. I dont know how you stood them for 125K. My '04 trac was the first for me to change shocks imediatly. They were dangerous, IMO. Worst oem shock mismatch, I ever experianced.

Last edited by a moderator: