Shocking Discovery

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
Got new shocks for my daughter's Jeep this week. Didn't want to spend a lot of money. What I discovered from reading the fine print on the NAPA website is that the NAPA store brand shocks are apparently Monroe Sensa Tracs. For half the price. $23 each and if you show them your AAA card you get 7% off. :supercool:

Also I tried a homemade mix of penetrating oil that I read about. A 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone, supposed to be better than Liquid Wrench or PB Blaster. It seemed to work well enough. Only did the fronts so far, the store had to order the rears. Which from the looks of things will be the tougher ones to install.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, just pulled the trigger on this deal as my trac 2001 has 106k and original shocks, just went for the fronts for now, easy install. Thanks for the heads up.

Cool!:supercool: I going to need new shocks soon, and was looking at the Sensa-Tracs (currently running Rancho RSX shocks).

What are the NAPA part numbers?

Yes. As far as I know the only shocks available for Gen 2's are from the Ford dealer.

Latest posts