Shock travel lengths for TT/SL

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick T

Reaction score
I have done the search on TT/SL lifts, but can't find if everybody is still running the stock travel length shocks or another length. The TT was almost 2 full inches and the SL was Warrior #153 (inch & a quarter). I want to put Monroe Reflexes on the rear and Monroe Since-a-tracs on the front. Can anybody let me know what they are running for shocks on their TT/SL lifts

stock should be fine i am running rancho rsx stock length and have no problems see the flex.

[Broken External Image]:

most shock companies have the same shock configurations for different vehicles all you need is the stock lengths compressed and full stroke and see how much more you need and see what will fit any 4x4 shop should be able to help you.

Raising the front by preloading the torsion bars does not change the amount of travel (it merely changes the ride height), so stock shock travel is correct. Remember that the droop bump stop is internal to the shock, so a longer shock may allow front suspension droop enough to cause damage to the components.

The shackle lift does increase travel (a bit). Bilstein makes extended travel shocks for the rear. They're a bit overkill (more travel than you'll need), but should work well.

Latest posts