Shock recommendations

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My preference is the rs5000. I have the rancho rsx. They are the pre rs5000. For me I like the ride control. Less rear bounceing and nose dive on brakeing. They are stiff for some folks. Mine were when new. With some miles they are better. I didnt' mind the stiffness. The trac is a sport truck and the gen1 factory suspension was developed for the explorer and ranger.

I recently put on Rancho RS5000X on the front and RS9000XL on the rear. I've had Monomax on in the past, the current setup is the best combination of ride and handling that I've had on my '01 ST. I also have the Explorer Epress rear sway bar, 4x4 sway bar on the front and upraded sway bar end links front and rear. Going to be upgrading the control arm bushings to polyurethane from Energy Suspension. :driving:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

I have the Napa version of the RSX, almost 100,000 miles on them. I guess I'll probably go with the RS5000.

Roger, interesting the mix of the 9000 and 5000 but a good idea to add some adjustability.

I have the Explorer express sway bar also. What kind of sway bar end links did you get?

Are you at stock ride height Greg? ES does not make rear ST end links. Good upgrade is removing the stock end link bushings and replacing with poly.

ES 4.5153 kit includes frame bushings for stock 19mm rear sway bars. Haven't seen 1 1/8" EE rear sway bar frame bushings sold separately, may want to contact them.

Here's what I did for the front end links. Bulletproof.

Latest posts