She Was a Good Ship

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn White

Reaction score
In the words of Fred Haise, She was a good ship! My Trac was the best and most dependable vehicle I have owned to date. I really didn't want to trade it in, but couldn't refuse the deal I got on a 2012 F-150 with a 5.0. The F-150 is a much bigger vehicle, still getting used to it, but it rides much nicer than the previous generation F-150s. I didn't feel like dealing with the body mounts myself and got a great deal on this ride. Thanks everyone for all the help over the years I got tons of great info over the years, my Trac was 2004 with nearly 120,000 miles on her.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I've been researching both motors since they first came out, I test drove the eco and it was pretty nice, but I went with the 5.0 after hearing about issues with the intercooler developing condensation. With all the new tech in that engine I figured I'd give them a few years to work out the bugs.

I found this article for the Mustang 5.0, the F-150 motor has slightly different heads, exhaust manifolds, and cam timing, and a few others to get the torque profile required for a truck. After reading this article I was sold on the 5.0, looks like it was over designed to be boosted in the future and made ready for direct injection.

I talked to the sales man and they said they still have a ton of customers wanting a mid size truck. I'd like to see a Trac or Ranger with the 3.5 eco, that would be an awesome SVT platform to play with.

Latest posts