Shackle lift???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Santana

Reaction score
Hi I have not seen anything on shackle lifts so I have a question??:D

Joking... after reading the posts I am still a bit unsure........

I am thinking of this mod to get some ground clearance on my ST. I bottomed out a bit during the deer season on some backroads and I don't think it should have... Anyhow my question is I understand the back shackles but i am still a bit unsure of the front. Does the front also have lift shackles or do you just turn that bolt mentioned in the projects...? Basically this would mean i just have to purchase the rear shackles... Correct?

Also the camber bolt for the front is the OEM good or should I buy new ones?

Also are my monroe reflex's ok for the lift?

thanks

Joseymack

Joseymack

Where did you bottom out at? Did you drag your axle or did your suspension hit the bump stops?

As for the life, you need shackles for the rear and you crank the torsion bolt for the front to get the front up higher. As for the shocks, the Reflex's will be fine.

Tom

Not sure what hit Caymen, I should check my bump stops... I do know the terrain was not

all that bad and I was hitting my side steps and scrapping along the bottom... i was pissed off too kinda embarrassed with the boys and all!

I think I'm gonna pick it up a bit.

is the EE sway bar mandatory after this or can I wait?

joseymack

Latest posts