Selling on eBay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernard Olsen

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiences with selling a vehicle on eBay? Since I have not had any too serious of buyers concerning my Sport Trac Adrenalin, I am seriously considering putting my truck up on eBay and let the bidding wars begin...what do you think? I have sold various items on eBay, but never a vehicle...about how much do they charge for selling a vehicle?

Free for local classifieds, $125+ for nationwide, you get 4 free picture spots. I treid selling my show truck on there and had a couple people bidding but no serious bidders (they bid upto $1,100 and stopped) but I had ALOT of competition in the S-10/Sonoma categories so can't really go by my experience. You being in Florida and it being lifted, etc. should be fairly easy for you to sell. Honestly though I'd wait til around tax return time to try and sell it because nobody's really looking to spend money right now with the holidays and the economy. Good luck if you do list it ( READ ALL FINE PRINT for listing and all the different ways to sell to make sure you list it the way you want and don't get screwed ).

I have bought and sold multiple vehicles on Ebay- 5 limos and 4 trucks, including my current '08 Adrenalin and my last '05 ST- bought and sold on Ebay. I have had one failed deal due to a Canadian buyer's remorse- boy was she mad when I kept her deposit and sold the limo on the next round for $2000 more! Overall, prices have been lower than a dealer's on both ends, my '05 sold for $7800 but it had a carfax crash and 90k miles (I paid $8000 18 months prior). One exception was my '08 Adrenalin- I overpaid at $26,100 but it had 5K miles, aftermarket goodies, loaded V8 and I fell in love. My tips-take lots of detailed pictures, give a thorough description, open the bidding at $100 with NO RESERVE(I have done this on all my sales)- a bit scary but that really drives the bidding and vehicle sells rather than sits . :banana:

Last edited by a moderator: