Selling & buying transaction gone bad with other MySportTrac member?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is totally my opinion as I have zero experience with either of you but I would say give him a break. If he really has had a rough week like he explained this is not an enormous issue. Considering it has only been 6 days you should be happy he was willing to refund your money if you wanted.

On a side note. This was prolly something to be discussed between you, him, and possibly paypal. No reason to give our his real name, email, paypal and all that other information. It is understandable your upset but real life happens and theres no reason to display all the info without him knowing. There is a reason these transactions occur via email and not on public display boards.

Again, not trying to ruffle feathers....you asked for an opinion so I gave it.

Even though some great people ship immediately, there are many that don't I'd give him time. Ebay allow 7 days before you can even report a problem -- and a lot longer than that based on shipping/handling times that the seller sets. I recently waited over a month for (2) ebay transactions within the same month. I know it's hard to be patient with your money gone, and there are a lot of scammers out there, but I'd still give 7-10 days before really worrying.

I replied: That's more like it. You actually have received the money on your PayPal. However, it takes 2-3 days for PayPal (not me nor the money) to actually "transfer" the money to your account. Now that I know. So I think I entitled to have you ship the item as early as possible. Perhaps tomorrow. Thank you.

I wouldn't blame him if he held it until he verified he had the money in his account. Imagine if you sold something, got the notificaiton from PayPal or a check, and you ship immmediately. Than the payment is bad or the check bounces and you don't get anything?

I ordered something online from a dude in Thailand, and it was delayed for 2 weeks because his "house" burned down, he even sent a picture.

(House is in quotes because from the picture, it wasn't much of a house before the fire...even the seediest Baltimore rowhouse was a palace in comparison)

Also got something from Taiwan which took forever to come, and they mailed without a tracking number, and it still arrived.

If people over 8,000 miles away, in the Third World, didn't take my money and run, I'd hope that a fellow member wouldn't either.

IMO, you're being a little impatient. I understand you want your item and you've paid already, but give the guy a break. He explained he was out of town and as soon as he got back he'd ship it.

On another note, this isn't eBay. If you didn't think this whole transaction would fly, you shouldn't have purchased it in this manner.

If I were him, I'd refund your money and put the item back up for sale. Just my $0.02.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit here, Sonny. The seller did respond and offer up an explanation for the delay in shipping, along with apologies and an offer to refund your money. So give him a little more time.

It's not like he totally ignored you and ran with your money. I don't think it was necessary at this point to air the whole thing in public here on this forum. It probably would've been best to keep it between the two of you.

The last 2 transactions I had through PayPal were just like you described. Paid through PayPal (with credit card) had to wait till it cleared. Sent the item back and got the money back onto Paypal, transferred it to my checking account, and had to wait for it to clear. Not sure what the problem is now with PayPal, but they are slowly testing my patience.

on your other topic, give him time. since you used PayPal, you have time before you have to put in a complaint.

+1 on the "you're too impatient" vote. Especially on a $50 item. You've been a member for 2 weeks. You need to learn to go with the flow some, methinks.

He has a life that doesn't revolve around shipping vehicle parts. That's because he is a person who happened to have a part that he posted online that you wanted and not a business who should be concerned about your repeat purchases, customer loyalty, or good publicity.

Based on his PERSONAL information you posted, he seems to me like a college student who works hard in both school while also doing a job that requires travel and also had the misfortune of having a family member get sick in the very same week that you paid him for a billet grill over the internet. Which of those things should be less important than your billet grill arriving in 2-3 business days?

Sorry, man, but you tried airing this out online, asked for opinions, and my opinion is that you are the one being unreasonable. Give him some time and keep in mind that you did not buy this from a company, but a fellow MySportTrac member that doesn't devote his full attention to customer satisfaction surveys.

I hope this works out best for the both of you. Good luck.

Sorry, I have to agree with Sonny. I have purchased items that cost 800.00 and 1100.00 with my Pay Pal account and the seller shipped the next day. This guy is giving him a runaround. I'm anxious to see how this plays out. You are protected using Paypal so save all of your correspondence with this guy.

:smack:

I say give him a break. We're talking about 5 or 6 days here??? I do however understand how you can be frustrated. In this day and age we can order something online, and get a tracking number a few hours later, and get the item as early as the next day. I'm impatient when I order things too, and constantly check the UPS website to see where it is. We are spoiled. There is a human element here though, he is not an online retailer. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll get your item.

Patience is a virtue. You paid late on the 9th, which means effectively payment came across on the 10th (i.e., the next day following "late" on the 9th). He could ship on the 10th, a Saturday, depending on what materials he had to pack and what time the post office or UPS store closed; he could not ship on the 11th, a Sunday. But it's more realistic to wait until the 12th, a business day. So, if any clock is running, I'd start it on the 12th. Though he did not reply to your messages immediately, he did reply. Many of us don't tie ourselves to computers, BlackBerry devices, etc. (I do for work, I don't for personal things). And, for those that do, I don't find it at all wrong to ignore messages when attending to family matters. Precedence, my friend.

All that being said, making payment "fast enough" is easy because of how PayPal works. I don't doubt if he could somehow ship as easily as you paid, he would have. But, life happens. He's sent a couple update e-mails and even offered to refund the funds. Seems fair enough to me. :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have been nice to know what was going on and why it wasn't shipped.
Sonny, I am very apologetic as my responses have been slow. The last week has been very crazy and erratic for me. I was on a business trip till Monday night, I then originally planned to go back to school where the grille is and ship it Tuesday morning. Late Monday night my grandmother got sick and I have been with her the past few days. I am currently driving back to school today as I have a test tomorrow I can not miss. I will absolutely get it shipped first thing in the mail tomorrow and ship it on a more expensive faster plan then i originally intended as it should be in the mail by now. I completely understand if you are disappointed and want a refund. If you can not wait for me to ship it tomorrow A.M., i will gladly refund you the money ASAP.

But when you found out what was going on in his life and he sent the above message, in my opinion, you could've waited to see if he came through on promise number two.

So I understand your initial anxiety, but I think you jumped the gun on posting this without being screwed by him.

:haveabeer:

Latest posts