See You Guys After The Election

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
I will be in training in Germany to prepare for an upcoming trip to Afghanistan. As is custom, I will be without internet, since the military still doesn't provide internet in their lodging...not even for a fee.

May we get the candidate that best serves our country. God Bless America.

Nelson

I have comcast in my yurt living on the steppes of mongolia, not very far from your local

if yourin the hood, come on by.

bud,

I prefer Polish, Lithuanian or Czech beer. German is good, but just doesn't compare.

bill,

Enjoy Mongolia. I hear it is beautiful, but the altitude sickness is pretty bad. Start doing aerobic now, to help in the transition. :lol:

I won't be in Afghanistan until after Thanksgiving, and I will only be on the ground 3 or 4 days. Not to worry. :)

Nelson,

I know you probably hear it all the time, as posted here, but it more than likely never gets old:

Thank you for your service and your dedication to our country. :wub:

And never give up trying to find the perfect beer! :lol:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. On December 15th, I will have 21 years in the USAF. I was a young 25 year old man then, with a new wife. Now I am middle-aged, divorced and raising my daughter pretty much alone. My grandparents all died while I have been gone, and my brother and dad moved to New Mexico. Only mom remains back in Kentucky. There have been some tough lonely times, but if I had to start all over again, I would.

Back in 1987, we were in the middle of the Cold War. The Russian Bears tested our borders almost daily, and we had our missile silos on 24 hour alert. I was at Peterson AFB...ground zero. I could look out the window of my office and see Cheyenne Mountain. If nuclear war came, Cheyenne Mountain is where it would begin and end.

Cheyenne Mountain is now closed or closing. I live in Poland...a place I could never enter back then. I vacationed in Lithuania this year. That was once the Soviet Union. The changes in the World were unimaginable 21 years ago. Change is the only constant in the World.

I completed my training, and am going back to Poland this evening. I still have some preparations before Thanksgiving. I don't know what sort of photos I can take, but if any are allowed, I will share some here. It isn't my idea of a vacation spot, so there may not be any photo ops.

After 21 years, I still love my job, and I am having fun. Thanks again for the good words.

Nelson

On December 15th, I will have 21 years in the USAF

That's a good date Nelson, since that's my birthdate :) Be safe with your future travels over there.

When you do find some free time, I would like to see more pix of places you visit since I've never been to those parts.

Oh man! That graphic is great. It has got to be one of the most unintentionally funny things I've seen in a long time! :D

Nice collection of pix.....thx......wish I could travel to places like that.....I can see why you love your job. :)

DesertFox,

You get the good with the bad. Norway in November, Korea in monsoon season, Southeastern Turkey and Kandahar, aren't exactly places I would pick for vacations. :lol:

The only places I've been overseas was the UK, Austrailia and a brief stop in HI on my way to Austrailia.

Would love to visit Russa, Germany, France and many other places over that way. :)

Latest posts