SEC Championship

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used Vandy as a joke. Sorry you missed it and took it personal.

Ohio State is undefeated, and every team in the SEC has at least one loss, even Alabama lost to unranked Texas A&M.

Does this lead you to believe that OSU is better than Alabama this year? Be honest.

Indiana put up 49 on OSU this year. Are you kidding me? :bwahaha:

TA&M and Georgia put up the most points against Alabama with 29 and 24 respectively, both real offensive teams (one led by a freshman Heisman candidate)...not the cream puff that is Indiana.

I still maintain that a one, or even two, loss season in the SEC is more impressive than undefeated in the BigX. You'll get a chance to see the difference between an undefeated non-SEC team and an SEC survivor in January. You've seen it before and I showed the numbers, but we'll just go ahead and watch this scenario again since previous seasons are obviously irrelevant (to OSU fans).

At any rate, OSU is irrelevant just as they usually are. Only this year, they don't have an opportunity to let their cupcake schedule coast them into another BCS Championship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hugh,

Indiana put up 49 on OSU this year. Are you kidding me? TA&M and Georgia put up the most points against Alabama with 29 and 24 respectively, both real offensive teams (one led by a freshman Heisman candidate)...not the cream puff that is Indiana.

Ohio State still won, and that's all the counts when you are undefeated. Alabama lost to Texas A&M and in the end, the score does not matter,what does matter is that Alabama lost. I even said that some of Ohio State's wins were ugly, but they still won.

Does this lead you to believe that OSU is better than Alabama this year? Be honest.

It might be a very good game, but it won't happen this year, so I won't speculate on who would win. I won't speculate on the Notre Dame vs Alabama game?? Nobody expected TA&M to beat Alabama, but they did.

Odd that you are NOW claiming that your statement claiming Vandy would be undefeated if they were in the Big Ten was just a joke and that Urban Meyer did nothing....and no I did not find it funny.

...Rich

It's still hilarious. I wouldn't get offended if UGA was compared to Indiana, because I would instantly recognize it as hyperbole. Maybe you didn't get that feeling and had to do some mental comparisons?:cheeky:

I'm going to make a bold prediction. OSU will have, at most, one loss next year; probably undefeated. I'll even extend that same prediction out two years.

I'll even make another one. Nobody will go undefeated in the SEC next year.

Since I'm on a roll, an SEC team will win the BCS next year.

Wanna take bets on any of them? (Not seriously, I don't gamble) I'm pretty confident with those predictions, though.

Aren't you glad you have a seasoned, SEC experienced coach, though?

Hugh,

In order not to get into a pissing contest with you, I will accept your earlier statement about Vandy as a joke.

Yes, I will agree with all the experts that the SEC is the toughest conference in college football. They play a different, more modern flavor of football a more finesse type of football especially on offense. That contrast with many other conferences which use a more traditional, bang head footballwhich is very common in the Big Ten. Thats not to say that either is better, just that traditional teams have difficulty defending the SEC style of offense because they rarely play against these finesse style teams until they get to a bowl game.Thus the poor bowl game record for most Big Ten teams against SEC teams.

I must disagree with your claim that Urban Meyer is a SEC coach. Urban Meyer is an outstanding coach who used the West Coast style offense long before he went to coach the Florida Gators.

He started out at Bowling Green in 2001-2002 where he engineered one the greatest turnarounds of all time by leading them to a 9-3 record in only his first year as a head coach.

In 2003 Meyer was named coach of the year for the Mountain conference when he led the University of Utah to a 10-2 season, and followed that with an undefeated season in 2004.

In 2005 he went to Florida where he coached the Gators to 2 BCS national championships in 5 years He would have played in the SEC championship against LSU in his first year, but lost to his Florida predecessor, Steve Spirrier and his South Carolina team.

Urban Meyer has proven that he is one of the best coaches in college football who builds teams with tremendous offensive firepowerbut he did that before he ever went to coach in the SEC. He was a world class coach before he went to the SEC and his experience there only made him better. I think Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes will dominate the Big Ten and force many of the other Big Ten teams to change coaches or tactics. I think the poor bowl record of the Big Ten teams is about to change.

Rich

Urban Meyer is a good coach. Just like Spurrier, I can still hate them.

I wouldn't say the SEC plays finesse football. Watch UGA, LSU and Bama play defense. Watch Bama and USC run the ball. Nothing more than lining up and saying my guy, one on one with your guy, is better.

The 3-4 defense is anything but finesse. Teams in the SEC don't regularly put up 40-50+ point games against in conference opponents. They sure don't give up those kind of points.

But maybe we just have different definitions of finesse. Either way, I like the style of football played in the SEC and the chaotic season it provides.

thats not to say that either is better, just that traditional teams have difficulty defending the SEC style of offense because they rarely play against these finesse style teams until they get to a bowl game.Thus the poor bowl game record for most Big Ten teams against SEC teams.

Doesn't winning prove which is better?:grin:

I think defense is the bigger factor. How shocking and soul crushing is it for a team to score 50+ points in more than half of their games only to get to a bowl game against an SEC team and then find out that with a few minutes left in the 4th quarter, they haven't broken double digits and their opponent has "finessed" themselves to a double digit lead?

Hugh,

I said, for the sake of not getting into a pissing contest with you, that I accepted your stupid remark was just a joke.

Why are you still pushing the issue?

...Rich

Oh, I thought you were over the Vanderbilt joke, not the subject as a whole. My bad.

Sorry you got hurt. I enjoy talking sports. Didn't mean to push any buttons.

Done.

Hugh,

I'm not hurt, I'm just not interested in your opinion....:smack:

Done!

LaRue,

Me too....:banana: