Seattle Teen Punched by Cop

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Rogers

Reaction score
If you missed the viral video, then watch it and one guy's opinion on the whole thing (funny, no serious profanity, but not-safe-for-work)...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYE0OKrziok&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYE0OKrziok&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

P.S. The vlogger gives me hope that there are still some people out there that "get it", and understand what it means to be a policeman, and to respect a policeman's authoritay!

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the form on the punch wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

That said, this video blogger is pretty annoying. Comes off as a wannabe Chris Tucker.

Lol, I also can't believe he isn't "hating" on the police. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

BTW, that was WAY more violent than any, and I mean any, UFC fight I've seen.

I was going to post this here yesterday, but never got around to it. I feel very strongly about my position in regards to this video.. I LOVE IT.

That is precisely what you get when you act like that towards a police officer, particularly when he is alone and being encircled by an increasingly hostile crowd. The girl in pink had no reason to get involved at all and she escalated the situation by attacking the LEO in an attempt to help her friend resist arrest.

Comments on YouTube are pulling the race card and calling it police brutality. The NAACP in Seattle is calling for the Police Chief's resignation.

Get a grip people. This would have happened to ANYONE if they had acted that way, so forgive me if I'm not sympathetic to the victim complex

let a civillan do the samething to me on a scene. if theres just me trying to enforce a law and i have no backup 2 people getting out of line with a crowd gathering. id do what i need to to gain control of the situation. putting ur hands on me is crossing the line!!!!

NAACP can kiss it.

They like to call foul when someone does something like this to a black person, but they do absolutely NOTHING with the countless incidents on a daily basis of BPBB (Black People Behaving Badly)...of which this was another example and the root cause!

Sorry if I called the kettle black or a spade a spade here, but just because you are black doesn't mean the rules don't apply to you.

The force used here was just about right, IMHO. Push a cop, you get hit back. Don't like it, don't push and simply comply.

TJR

I agree, you dont touch or interfer with a LEO. Many years ago a friend was put to the ground, by LEO's. He was too excited about helping the cops. He wouldnt wait when he was told to. All he wanted to do was tell the cops what he saw. In his excitment. He grab the the cops arm for attention. His partner put my freind on the ground.

I couldnt get it through my freinds head, that you dont touch a cop. And if you need to give a statment, you wait your turn.

Im also tired of the media and and racist organations. Not reporting the whole truth.

BTW, what happened to my friend was not in the news. White guy.

:soap:However, once the cop assaults you, I call that fair ground for self defense. Perhaps not corroborated by law, but by morals.

What makes cops above anyone else? Nothing really, but far too many are jaded. Sometimes the "civilians" aren't the only ones who need a wake-up call.

"Authority over fellow men makes one unfit for the company of fellow men."

That said, I do support the cop's actions, but if the punched chick had turned around and knocked him flat, I wouldn't find fault with it. (Hollywood assures us that this can happen lol).

Sadly, I'd bet that many of you here would. Cops aren't on a plinth over "civilians".

(Rant continuing, cops ARE civilians, though they swear to me that they aren't...)

KL,

What makes cops above others?

Answer: Their duties, the responsibilities and risk those duties include, and the authority over us all granted to them so that they can carry out those duties for our collective good.

TJR

KL,

What makes cops above others?

Answer: Their duties, the responsibilities and risk those duties include, and the authority over us all granted to them so that they can carry out those duties for our collective good.

TJR

Well Put TJR

never mess with a cop, thats the bottom line. I remember several years ago on a 9-1-1 medical call I was assaulted by a patient of mine. he didn't punch me, but started pushing and shoving. Needless to say I let him have it, just as this cop did. plus i had a mag lite on my side:smack: . This officer was assaulted first, he was justified in his actions in my opinion. same thing went for me. I was assaulted first, I had to do what I had to do.

I can give plenty more cases, my uncle is NYSP 25 years on the job. I've heard quite a bit.

"The right of self-defence never ceases. It is amount the most sacred and alike necessary to Nations, and to Individuals." James Monroe

so that they can carry out those duties for our collective good.

TJR, aren't you all about individual freedoms and such, liable to throw out a quote like "He who sacrifices liberty for security deserves neither" ?

This new quote of yours sounds dangerously close to counteracting such sentiment :(

Cops don't rank above civilians. I'm pretty sure a public servant can't out-rank the public...

Again, props to the cop for being more decisive, aggressive, and violent than most any MMA fight televised...but I couldn't fault anyone punched by a cop for retaliating. Sadly, the law seems to have special protection for that, "Assaulting a police officer".

IMO, "assaulting a police officer" should be no different than assaulting any other person in terms of legality. Sigh. The cars say "to serve and protect", but it doesn't give subjects. Semantics.

In this case I think the cop was the one acting in self defense. The girl "attacks" first and the police officer responds to that attack. If you attack an officer you deserve what you get in return. Anyone that will head in the direction of gunfire instead of away from it gets my respect.

Kl,

I am all for individual liberties, but this world is not that simple, and my viewpoints are not that simple. So, yes, you could say I am "for individual liberties", but I am not "all for individual liberties"...there has to be a balance.

If I say things that seem counter to other things I have said, it is because in the past I have either stated things in too absolute a manner (something I try hard NOT to do), or they are read as black and white...the real world is gray.

Assaulting a police officer, IMHO, should carry stiffer penalties than assaulting some random person. The police do, and should be given special consideration given their responsibilities. A cop is tasked to protect and serve. Because of that, he carries a gun (not all folks out there do). If someone comes up and starts messing with a cop, the cop should (rightfully so) use a level of force that will put that person down, quickly, so as not to escalate the situation and to put the cop, and others at risk...risk of a gun being taken and turned on him or others that paramount risk.

Frankly, I think in this situation the cop should have pulled out his nightstick and stiff-armed the teens with it...but then again, I'm not going to second guess his training.

If his intent was to put down the disturbance before it escalated further, then I think he did that quite well.

There should be special protections for officers. Period. Assuming there shouldn't be seems only appropriate if you think there are a$$hole cops out there picking fights and that is a big problem. I don't.

TJR

The officer was responding to a threat as he was assaulted first. Looking back he probably could have responded with a different tactic besides a punch to the face but I do not fault him because he made a split second response much like anyone of us might do. Her aggressive move (push) drew an aggressive response from him. As soon as he realized that he did not need to continue with such force and that punching might be a little much he immediately toned down his approach to more defensive maneuvers and holds. Hindsight allows all of us including him to say that maybe the punch wasn't necessary but to him at the time he didn't know what was next that could have been the start of an offensive on their part.

I would never hit a female in my private life but can tell you that out of my top 3 physical altercations so far as a police officer 2 of them were with females who refused to submit and were wildly swinging, kicking, biting, etc.

Hey I grew up with:

"If a cop say jump, the only question you might ask is HOW HIGH!"

People today just don't get it!

Hey I grew up with:

"If a cop say jump, the only question you might ask is HOW HIGH!"

People today just don't get it!

...which is why it is impossible to ponder issues with some people.

my top 3 physical altercations so far as a police officer 2 of them were with females who refused to submit

Well, there's a phrase which really should have been proofread :grin:

I had occasion just once to punch a female in the head. Didn't bother me then, wouldn't bother me tomorrow. She was punching, kicking, spitting and pulled a knife. Judge agreed with me and convicted her of assault P.O.

Mac

KL, what issues would you like to ponder? You feel that if a person strikes or pushes an officer, resists arrest and is struck by the officer attempting to arrest said person, he or she should strike the officer back. Sounds like a bad idea to me. If you are ever involved in such a situation, maybe you should try it. I for one would love to see and hear how that works out for you.

Latest posts