Seat Recline

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O W

Reaction score

On my 2002 the driver and passenger seat recline is very minimal. There is room for the seats to go way back and touch the rear passenger seat for support. I have had several vehicles that did just that. Could there be some reason why the sport trac seats are limited like this. Before I go searching for a recliner set stop screw up in there, I thought I would see if anyone already knows?

Mine don't go back very far, either. Never put much thought into it, though.

The wife probably wouldn't go for making out in the car anymore, now that we have a bed, I would probably get a cramp now anyway. We are planning a 4800 mile round trip and I would like to skip a hotel room for one night at least. She may not go for that either but hey, I am the boss right? Anyway I need to get that seat back some more for a decent nap. For me a 30 minute nap works better than four cups of coffee.

You just missed a bed tent being sold on the swap and sell. That would have solved your problem.

I found two pins at back rear of passenger seat that looked promising. I added a little WD-40 and tapped them out. That let the seat lay back much better, but now it wont lock in position to prevent the seat back from being pulled forward. It's still adjustable and locks in fine for sitting position but it can be freely pulled forward. Since the seat belt holds you from moving forward I don't consider this a safety issue. The thing is I must have vibrated something loose ( in the forward locking mechanism) when tapping out the pin as I cant see how these two pins have anything to do with the seat adjustment. The two cables running from the seat adjuster lever ( in picture) are working fine on the small release levers under the seat. Looks like I will have to remove seat to get a real look. Anyone know how the mechanism works under there?

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator: