Seat Belts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Van

Reaction score
I purchased a used 2002 4x4, production date of 02/02 with the grey cloth interior, five months ago.

Great truck so far… 48000 miles, original tires and serviced well… great shape.

The only thing I am disappointed in is that there is no shoulder harness in the rear center seat position.

Is it possible to “safely” put in another rear seat from say a 03 to this 02, and what would be involved?

Main concerns being safety / liability then cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see any problems. They are pretty much the same except the middle seat belt. The mounts are located in the same place I think. Safety/Liability. Shouldn't be any problems there. Cost? If you get it from a salvage yard, it shouldn't be to bad, but it can still cost you alittle. Maybe Coastie can help ya with prices. He's the man for that.;)

Got a closer look at the back seat of an 04 Trac today

I see there is a latch and striker on the 60 side that appears to lock the seat to the back of the cab when the seat is up.

I was not able to get a good look behind the rear panel to see how the latch was fastened as the salesman at the dealership put the run on me when I pulled out my screwdriver.:huh:

Can anybody tell me how this latch is fastened to the cab?

Latest posts