Seafoam

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Smink

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I used the Seafoam project on my 2001 Ranger (4.0). I have tracked the gas mileage for this vehicle for over a year. Since the Seafoam, the MPG has increased about 1 MPG. I don't think they've switched from Winter fuel yet, so I assume it is the Seafoam.

Seafoam is made from the best stuff on earth, next to Snapple that is. :lol: I love that Seafoam to death! Only stuff that seems to cure everything! :cool:

Big J, you can get it at auto part stores. Some WalMarts carry it, but none in my area. It runs for about $5 a bottle and just follow the project here on the site (there's a pic of the bottle on there). It will be just the regular SeaFoam. They have one for Tranny's too.;)

Big J

I got it at Advance Auto but I think I did see it at Wal-Mart. Was less than $8 at both. Best money you'll spend and an easy project.

Yeah, I have always paid nothing less than 7$ for it. But I agree, it is well worth it! Have I told you just how much I love that stuff? :lol:

Yeah, SeaFoam went up in price a year or so ago along with oil / gas prices. It is also a petroleum based product. Price hasn't subsided yet though...

I toss a half a can in my motorcycle a couple of times a year. It cleans out the carburetor really well. I swear by it. It's $9/can in Florida.