Seafoam??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Lyon

Reaction score
Ok, so I know that a lot of you are Seafoam users but it is something new for me. I didn't want to start right off by using it on the Trac so I decided to try it in our 02' Chev. Cavalier. I followed the directions and sucked up 1/3 of the container through the vacuum line while the car was running and then poured the rest in the gas tank. I let it sit off for between 5-10 min and then restarted it again, let it idle for a little while and revved it to a constant 2200 RPM. To my surprise I got zero smoke. I mean not even a little bit. Whats worse is the engine seemed to be sputtering which it had never done before. Now I don't know if I did something wrong or what so if any of you veteran Seafoam users can let me know I would appreciate it. I would think that on an engine that has nearly 90,000 miles on it that there would be a significant amount of smoke especially considering it had never been Seafoamed before!

Was the engine warm or cold when you did the treatment? Mine didn't show much smoke when I rev'ed it, but smoked like heck when I let it idle. As for the stumbling, check your vaccuum connection and make sure it's connected tightly. Which vaccuum line did you use?;)

I always did it when the engine was warmed up first. It usually would cause the trac to die when it sucked up the seafoam. I just let it sit for five minutes and then start it up. Smoked like hell . . . . .

Thank you both for your input. The vehicle was already warmed up, and it did stall when I first began sucking up the Seafoam. After sucking up the called for amount I let the car sit for 5-10 minutes then restarted but zero smoke.

I've done both... the posted project and also in the tank. Both helped. I got no smoke when doing the project, and followed the directions to a T.

My mechanic recommended a full can in the tank.

I think the can says it will take a whole can to treat a gastank. It's just a good place to put the rest in there after you are done. It works well to clean the engine by putting it in the oil and running it through, then change the oil out.;)

Latest posts