SeaFoam

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After reading dozens of threads on seafoam I have pretty much read everyones opinion on the stuff but I do want to ask about using it in a lawn mower. I dont know what specific kind of mower I have put its a standard push mower that takes straight gas and not a mixture. Should I just put the recomended ratio of seafoam into my lawnmowers gas tank and run it through? Any help as always is appreciated.

Also going to seafoam the trac and here is my plan...please confirm. Going to warm up the trac and do 1/2 can through the booster line. Cant wait for the smoke. Then goign to add some to the oil and idle the car for a little bit ot circulate it through and then do an oil change. Im also going to put a full can in the gas tank and fill with gas. Sound about right?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a member that works on small engines and he uses it all the time with great results. As far as the seafoam in the ST, there is a project on it that should tell you the proper steps to follow.

When I do my oil change I had planned to add the sea foam to the oil and just drive it around the block...the website says to add it to the oil at least 100 miles before a change. What do you guys recommend?

Jayrat, yes you can run it through the mower. Just put a couple cap fulls into the gas tank every fill-up, or you can just mix it into the gas can you fill-up with.

Use a cold engine if you are going to do the ST. If not it will evaporate in the cylinder without doing anything. My project on how to do it is in the "project section", or just click on my wrench. As for doing the oil, just be sure to use the recommended amount. You don't want to thin the oil out to much and drive it around.

I have used it for years in all my equipment, and when I was a small engine mechanic, we used it quite frequently to maintain engines and to clean them out before a rebuild. Works great at getting the buildup out of the carbs if you leave the gas in there to long. I got an old snowblower 2 years ago really cheap since the guy said it wouldn't start. He said the carb needed rebuilt. I took the carb off when I got home, put all the components in a jar, filled it with SeaFoam, and it looked like new the next day. Put the carb back on and it has started on the first pull ever since.

Stonemiser, Im confused. Most people seem to think the engine should be warmed up before doing the sea foam and even in your project you say to put it in a warm engine. Am I missing something?

Hay Jay,

Fir my S/T, I gave it a bit more time in the engine. I would suggest at least 100 miles also. It takes more that just a wash to get the inside of the engine clean. It needs a good soaking and time to dissolve sludge.

Your engine will love you though

Latest posts