Seafoam

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys need some help,

I saw somewhere on the net that you pour Seafoam into the gas tank, engine block and I believe it's the brake booster line? If anyone has done this before, let me know right were to pour it. It will help me out greatly.

Thanks for the help.

I add a little bit to my oil, and then add a full bottle in the gas tank. I do a bottle in the brake booster line as well. Just pour it in a cup pull the booster line out of the booster and let it suck it up. Then turn off your engine and let it sit for about 15-20 min. Start it and rev it and watch the smoke!!!! Neighbors will likely freak out and call the Fire Dept. You can also add it somewhere in the front of the motor but dont remember where.

i put seafoam in my oil before i change my oil....

bout 10mins before then let it idle the drain the oil... kinda like a mini flush

in the gas tank every couple of monthes

and only did the booster line 1x around 30k miles

Didn't Todd Z say to grab the PVC line that comes in the intake tube just behind the MAF to do this? Kinda sucks that I've capped that sucker with the Zabteck filter.

After 2 threads on this, I'm considering doing this, since it has to make a huge difference for everyone to keep going on about it, but I don't know about laying down that smokescreen lol.

Didn't Todd Z say to grab the PVC line that comes in the intake tube just behind the MAF to do this?

No. You use the vacuum line on the master cylinder to suck the Seafoam into the intake. See the project linked below:

Todd was saying that by doing it through the vacuum line on the Master Cylinder, you may be only treating the rear of the intake. By using the PVC line in front, it would treat the whole intake. I'm checking into it and will post an update on my project when I get-r-done.:smile0014:

Latest posts