sea doo question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave feola

Reaction score
hey guys went and started my rx di sea doo this afternoon in driveway for about 30 seconds. I normally do this when I have'nt ran ski. anyways, about an hour later noticed what looks like water driping from intake grate area and forming small pool / is this normal ? i know the ski retians some water in it after riding it etc.

yea, thats normal. all the lines in the ski still have water in them unless you winterize it. but when you start it out of the water like that you should hook it up and run a hose through it. its not good to run it dry for very long and running it for only 30 seconds is not the greatest thing for it either. we usually run it for a good 2 minutes or so just to get it warmed up and get all the kinks out for the season. Love the RX's! I have an RXP! scary fast. 0-60 in 3.2

ok cool, thought I had a leak somewhere. i have the 02 rx-di, 2oo hours and still going strong, i smelled the area and it smellled a little greasy that ok ?

well i rode it last weekend for 2 hours, got home flushed it and washed it, so the water dripping from the intake grate is normal

I dont mean to take over this post by asking another question related to jet skis.... My 2005 Kawasaki is misfiring bad. I am not a huge engine guy so I cant do major repairs but I have checked sparkplugs and they are ok and my oil level was overfilled so i made sure to take some oil out but it is still misfiring bad and not getting full power. Any other areas to check?

Sparkplugs are 95% of all engine problems on 2cycle engines. Change the plugs even

if they look good. NGK are best for your usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
dalemc, my experience is that fuel/carberation is the biggest problem with two strokes. Dirty carb, air leaks, damaged needles. But Kyle's machine might be a 4 stroke, so it's hard to say much of anything until he responds.

0-60 in 3.2

Considering that a knot is longer than a mile, that is even more impressive.

I thought it would be harder for something on water to go faster than something on land, but then again, a jet ski is just a floating motorcycle, and I (regretfully) have no experience with the land-based cycles.

Just another reason I need to get me one of these things; I've never been over 40 mph on a ski (Though I hoped that the speedometers on those things was actually reading knots, but even so...)

I dont mean to take over this post by asking another question related to jet skis.... My 2005 Kawasaki is misfiring bad. I am not a huge engine guy so I cant do major repairs but I have checked sparkplugs and they are ok and my oil level was overfilled so i made sure to take some oil out but it is still misfiring bad and not getting full power. Any other areas to check?

I like what rich stern says. I am not sure if the 2005 is a carbureted or fuel injected. But if it is carbureted then I bet that is your problem. The problem you described sounds like what was happening with my other sea doo. Its a 95 model that was misfiring horrifically. Changing plugs didn't help so my dad got some one to clean the carbs and reinstall for like $300 just cause he didn't wanna take the time to do it and it has run smooth ever since.

Latest posts