SCT XCalibrator 2 Tuner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
250.00 shipped, There are other vendors besides Wayne who can program these for ST's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Chad,

I ordered some wheels. I am interested in this XCal 2? What would all need to be done to get this ready to use for my sport trac. I would like to deal with Wayne as I have dealt with him before. Keep me posted!

You would need to have Wayne or another SCT dealer create your tunes. $65.00 for 6 month subscription from Wayne.

Yes I still have the tuner. I just recieved an email today from someone who could be interested but has not sent money.

Looks like Wayne has been slow to respond to some of the people here and am uncertain about sending the unit to hime. Besides Wayne who can unlock and program these for ST's?

Jackie

I dont know, I would think any SCT dealer can re-program them. But I go to Waynes website and just send him a Private Message on his forum. He seems to answer that, he responded same day, and told me he would get my tuner back to me in 1 or 2 days after he recieved it. But other things have come up and I would rather spend that money on new golf clubs.

I just got a reply from hypillauto.com. Here is the reply:

"If the Xcal2 is locked, it will cost $150 to get it unlocked (that’s the price that SCT charges to unlock it) and then a 6 month subscription for tunes is $65. Turnaround depends on how long it takes SCT to unlock the unit and send it back…Keith"

So with your asking price, that would make it more expensive than just buying direct from Wayne.

Jackie

I dont know who keith is but Wayne sent me an email and told me to buy the 6 month subscription for 65.00, and that would take care of everything, and he would turn around in 1-2 days. This unit is not locked.

Here is the email Wayne sent to me:

Wayne Foy <[email protected]> wrote:

Chad,

I am assuming you are purchasing the Xcal2 from Ben Poche. He told me that

he did definitely flash his vehicle back to the factory program.

Here is what you need to do:

Send me the tuner with a list of the mods on your ST(including tire size

if different from stock), the PCM code, and fuel octane of the tuning you

want. Enclose a money order made to Hypnotic Illusions for $65 in the box,

with the above list. I normally load 2 tunes on the unit, and leave the

3rd slot open for future updates if need be. I have the following tuning

for the Sporttracs:

87 oct economy

87 oct performance

87 oct towing/hauling

91 oct economy

91 oct performance

91 oct towing/hauling

93 oct economy

93 oct performance

93 oct tow/haul

>

>

>

--

Wayne Foy

Hypnotic Illusions Automotive

www.hypillauto.com

And here is the PM he sent me from his forum:

Chad,

It would be best to send it to me sir. Once I receive the Xcal2, I can have it reprogrammed and out the door in 2 days or less. You would have to purchase the 6 mo tuning subscriptoon from the website store, and then send me the tuner.

Wayne Foy

Hypnotic Illusions Automotive

http://www.myspace.com/hypillauto

it is not locked i set my ST back to stock when i traded it in. it would not shift at all when i trader it so i know it was to stock ,it is only $65 to get new programs i checked on this before i sold it. i e-mailed Wfow through his site several times and he responded that day and it had nothing to do with him selling something to me it all was general ?'s.

So, is this a NEW xCal 2? How do you know the tuner is not locked? Is it still in factory unopened box? Reprmgramming is different from unlocking. If it has been used to program a vehicle then it is locked to that vehicle's VIN # and must be sent back to SCT for unlocking and them can load new programs to it and use on a different vehicle.

Jackie

It is an XCAL2 it has been used in another ST. But the ST was returned to the stock tune/program, so it is now unlocked, and will NOT have to be sent SCT and pay 150.00.

Thanks for the links. I did read them, and if correct I stand corrected. My question is can we varify that this xCal 2 is unlocked? Is there a place in the program on the xCal 2 that tells us that it is unlocked or locked to a VIN #? If so, then maybe we meet and exchange $/xCal 2.

Thanks

Jackie

Latest posts