Scanner for code deletion.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Stevens

Reaction score
I have an 07' Limited V-6 ST, and I need to erase some trouble codes. Could I get some recommendations regarding what scanner would work with my vehicle?

I tried to erase them with another OBD 2 CAN scanner to no avail.

Thanks....!!

The ScanGauge (I and II) both can reset the codes. I have had mine for years so I don't know about their current availability.

Just bought a scan gage II at Advance Auto a couple of months ago if you do it online you can use $40 off $100 coupon available online.. works great. about $100 after coupon and pick up at store, can also get 5% back if you use E-bates..free service and you get a big fat check every couple of months sent to your home..:banana:

ScanGuage and UltraGauge both have the ability to show and clear Error Codes. They both have settings and readouts that you can use to save money on gas by teaching you exactly what driving habits help or hurt your MPG.

I have the UltraGauge simply because it only costs about $60...The ScanGauge cost significantly more. Both plug into the OBDII port under the dash with a display that can be mounted anywhere on the dash or console. Both can me moved from vehicle to vehicle with little or no setup requirements...depending upon what sensors the vehicle has.

You will pay as much or more for Code Scanner with reset capabilities but it will have all the other features that the ScanGauge or UltraGauge have.

...Rich

Are you sure the scanner was CAN OBD2.

I have a harbor freight cheapy. Only give the code numbers. Then I have to look them up.

I have no problem erasing codes.

I just sent an email to Advance Auto Parts informing them about the confusion on their web page for the scanner that I purchased.

In the description it states that "all of the Actron code readers and scan tools are CAN compliant."

Yet if you click the specifications link it states that this scan tool "is not CAN compatible".

I'm guess it's NOT CAN compatible despite the description stating that it is, because it wouldn't let me erase mine.

I'll give Actron a call to their customer service in the morning to clear up the confusion anyway.

It looks like I'll be getting one of the other recommended scan tools though.

I'll post my results after speaking with Actron but thanks for all the input anyway..!!

Last edited by a moderator:
rich,

Before I bought the HF CAN OBD2 unit. I also bought a much more upraded actron unit, online. It was rated for CAN as per the year autos' specified. It wasnt, but I had it too ong for exchange.

When I contacted actron. There was no firmware upgrade for it. NOr any trade in value.:angry:

It is a nicer unit, actualy gave info along with code.

Latest posts