Scangauge II

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Kent

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Scangauge II provides real time MPG info so when I drive the ST hard it will show gas mileage dropping off?

Any chance of another group buy coming up?

Yes, it does. When I was riding in a ST in Louisville (can't remember who's), sitting in traffic showed 0.0 MPG, flooring it showed around 8 MPG, and coasting after flooring it showed 125 MPG, lol. It does update fast.

That's the one thing that makes me sick while I'm driving my 08 E250 van. I look at the gauge and MPG and get sick. Best I've seen is 18MPG while going down hill. 0.1 while going up hill.

Does anyone know if the scangauge will read and update transmission temperature? I am looking to get a gauge for the transmission temp while I am towing my camper and if this will do it, I am buying one!

If the vehicle's computer reads the tranny temp, then it usually will. Aside from that, the Scangauge has the ability to have some extra stuff added on, but the knowledge and programming required to do so is probably far beyond what most are capable of.

Thanks bill barber. I guess I will go with the external trans filter with temp sensor and also add an additional cooler instead... Cost pretty much the same, labor not even close..

Dan I have one of the new scangauge 2 with the added features. It does read the tranny temp, you just have to program it in to show it on the gauge display. On the way home from Louisville my tranny ran between 168 and 177. Hit 184, when the outside temp hit 99 and we were driving 75. It can also show short term and long term fuel, horse power, alot of other info from the computer._Ron

Wow that's great to hear Ron. You are talking about the new scangauge II with X gauge correct? Is it difficult to program it to read the tranny temp? We are going camping again for July 4th and I was really wanting to get something before then. I pull a 26' travel trailer and although the ST handles it well, I am curious about the transmission holding up and this would help ease my mind.

I wasn't aware that our trucks had an OEM tranny temp sensor? I have a new SG2 also, I'll have to look into the programming a little more....

It just takes time to add the numbers to the x gauge. Print the instructions off the websight. Then sit back for a while and punch in the numbers it tells you too for your computer. A few don't work but most do._Ron

Latest posts