sb intake?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still think if you remove the silencer and get a K&N drop-in, it's just as good and costs a bunch less. The stock airbox IS a cold air intake.

I have gone back to my oem box. Remove the front silencer. cut a hole in the side fender. bored ahole in the side of the box. seal it all with foam rubber. Using the K&N flat oem filter. Even with my tunes from my X-cal3. It runs justas good.

Well I got mine for 50.00 shipped to my door which is the only reason I got it. I search and buy stuff I want but do not need when it is super cheep.

Agree with JohnnyO and Eddie, stock is close as it gets to a true CAI.

Volant is another option for an aftermarket enclosed air box design.

As Steve said, Im pulling cold air from the headlight and the fender. Works very good.

The S&B looks like a knock off of the volant. I would cut a hole in the fender and seal it. That way the S&B will pull air from the fender not the under hood heat.

Some units that atr called cold air are not. The air has to come from the outside...

Mine is through the fender and has a rubber seal how else should it be sealed I have never bought one new so don't know got it off a guy that sold his ST and didn't need it anymore.

If you have it sealed to a hole in the fender. Thats all you need. The cooler outside air air.

Take a pic of the install.

Latest posts