satellite radio merge - thank you !

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
i have both xm and sirius sat radio. today, i added the new "xm best" to my sirius account.

then i cancelled my xm account.

now i get to listen to opie & anthony on my sirius. other then that i have not much intrest in the rest of the xm best package.

when i cancelled my xm account, they asked if i wanted to add the "sirius best" package!!!

thanks for the merger, you saved me money

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem is that I have 2 XM radios and a Sirius radio. I'm waiting for the merger to allow me to put 2 of the three on the family plan instead of having 2 accounts.

Due to the merger as well as the recent SERIOUS drop in the stock market, I bought several thousand shares at .5750 per share...

I have to think this will turn into a positive thing...

I also have Sirius and almost never listen to regular radio.. I love it.

Well i just spent 35 minutes on the radio with XM trying to remove 1 radio from my account and adding Best Sirius to my radio in my truck...

What a joke... Its just Nascar, Howard, Martha and NFL... No music at all.... and this is worth $4.99 a month?

I guess we will see... It may only last 1 month in my truck..

Whit

Chris27, that's temporary. Howard "appears" to be the most listened to station(s) on Sirius, hence the howard station(s) were part of the first phase of merging. Like him or hate him he has plenty of listeners. As time progresses more stations will be merged, but it's not going to happen overnight.

I don't think I'll ever go back to regular radio.

I think I'm gonna look at getting Sirius now. I saw that you can do an ala cart and pick up to 50 channels starting at $6.99. I really want it for Radio Margaritaville and hair nation!! And probably some music for the kids too.

Wait until the price increases come. I suspect they will increase just after Christmas (after people get their new radios), and then you will wish there were still two COMPETING services. Now you HAVE to pay, or go back to regular radio...no choice. :angry:

Yeah, when I removed an XM radio from my account, it took a half-hour and some screaming to actually get it done. She kept trying to give me three months free instead of turning it off.

I understand the Howard is the most listened to just as O&A 202 on XM is the big ticket on the XM Best package.

Just was hoping for some sort of music in the package... Because I am craving some new music channels as the Rock channels haven't changed much in 3 years on XM.

But I can wait... I am happy to know that O&A signed a great new deal and will be on for awhile!!

Cheers

Whit

I think I read where the merger was approved w/ conditions, 1 being no price increases for 2-3 yrs, but not 100% (memory is fading), the al la cart subscription requires a al la carter enabled radio/unit per the web site. Is the factory sirius one "al la carte???

Certainly didn't get Sirius for Howard. Listened to him back in the day, but not interested now. Got it for Octaine 20 and Heartattack. Don't stray from those unless there's a Football game on.:D;)

I am quite unhappy with the XM Sirius merger right now..:angry:

I called to add the "Best of XM" to be able to get Big 10 sports and MLB, but was told that my early '07 factory Ford Sirius radio/6CD changer is not compatible to get the upgraded service. I hate to buy and pay for a new in-dash XM/Sirius compatible CD changer/nav system for a grand or so and then perhaps have the combined company shut down or just change technology again.

XM has recently retired my two favorite channels, XM 75, HEAR music (was retired fall 2007), and XM 72 Beyond Jazz was terminated last week, and Outdoor Life Network was removed just as I was buying my first XM, with no outdoor programming since.

Customer service is terrible. Email contacts are responded to with a cheery automatic reply. I am still waiting to a reply from September 2007 emails as well as those I sent last week.

I have two XM subsctiptions and the Sirius for the Sport Trac. The new channel lineups duplicate several channels on each system, so I am now getting fewer channels for the same cost, and the new channels are poorer quality (Deep Tracks is not as good as The Vault was, for example).

I'm also told that the two XM and Sirius subsctiptions I have don't combine for discounts yet due to FCC rules. (Thanks, FCC).

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears they are combining stations, for example Squizz on XM just became Octane that was on Sirius. Pretty much the same programming. I suppose it saves them money by not having 2 dj's for the same music. I have also noticed other stations changing, but not sure what they are. I hope that in the end of all the alignments that they end up with all the programming of both on each network.

It seems everytime they do something though, my radio needs a reflash. It's new, so there could be an issue with it, but with XM jacking things around, it is hard to tell.

I love the Sirius radio in Rose's car. We got 1 year free when we bought it and the I purchased a LIFETIME service contract for $299. (paid fore itself in 24 months) Man am I pleased. Had 2 XM radio's, glad I switched.

Latest posts