safari roof basket pics? Please?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Toledano

Reaction score
I am about to buy a roof basket, looking at a few but I really want 4 6inch lights on the front of the rack. Have options yakima, confer, or custom. Anyone with pics, prices, suggestions. Thanks.:D

ConFerr basket with all the goodies...not cheap though. You pay for everything separately...gotta buy the floor, the light brackets, hi-lift bracket, spare tire mount, mounting brackets for roof rails...

[Broken External Image]:

may I ask what the outcome of that pic was? I don't see an air intake up the side of the windshield and it looks like that water level was pretty much up to the hood!

As long as that was as deep as it got, the other side was nearby, and DrtTrac kept moving, and he made it up and out quick, he MIGHT have been okay. If he was quick enough to get through it before the engine compartment flooded, maybe all was okay.

But the last time I saw that pic I thought the same thing...."How'd he do dat?"

Hey DrtTrac I was looking in your gallery and where did you get your rear bumper and front brush guard? Cause I'd love to have them!

Thanks

That pic was taken perfectly at the deepest point of the crossing, and yeah I had to come out of it quick...I run an open K&N filter and I would've sucked water hard if it had been any deeper!! We did 3 river crossings that day and I wouldn't do the 4th because it would've been over the hood against the current. And thank God my door seals work well or we'd have some wet feet too. That's about as extreme as I get with water...

Michael...the front and rear bumpers are custom made by a friend of mine and myself and they are coated in Vortex bedliner. If I sell the Trac, I'll pull those off and sell them here. Not likely though, she has 60k on her and after the abuse I put her through she still runs strong. I would like a V8 though for towing...too bad the '07 has IRS and not a solid axle.

[Broken External Image]:

When i had my trac i had a yakima load warrior rack on mine and i had 4 piaa 2100xt xtreme white series driving lights behind the little flap.

[Broken External Image]:

I have more picture of the rack in my libary unfourtanently i do not have any pics that show the lights.

Thanks for the 'xplaining DrtTrac...was exactly what I thought...narrow water + moe-mentum + correctly timed snapshot makes for a GREAT pic.