safari bar lights; hella black magic

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Colas

Reaction score
has anyone put these lights on their trac and if you have do you like them. I am also wondering if they will fit on a safari bar due to their size.

ihave 500's those might be to big see sizes of the 500's i posted link

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
They will not fit in the Safari bar. That is why I sold the Safari bar and got the WAAG. They are too big for the Safari bar.[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

bpoche-

I've got a question about the Black Magics...can you tell how they are black when off? Is there some filter around the bulb or behind the lense or something? I'm interested in maybe doing something similar to my headlights, but I don't want to sacrifice light output, or use cheesy light covers.

Tiger:

What they have is kind of a honey comb grill behind the glass that prevents reflections from the back to come back out. It’s not hex but kind of like a target, with concentric circles. It doesn’t prevent the light from coming out but it may focus it, while looking black/dark when off.

Pedro

I'll have to see if I can't find some cheap black magics on ebay or somewhere and see if I can't destory them and harvest the filter from them for my own uses. Damn, that means sticking my uber hard-to-get headlights in the oven....

Latest posts